CNBC sucks. CNBC is down 34%.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, Feb 3, 2010.

1. #21     Feb 4, 2010
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Margaret brennan was once on cnbc, guess she decided to go on to bloomberg for more $$$$$ and more air time, im sure she is good for quarter of a million or more on bloomberg. She looks good in that second pic.

#22     Feb 4, 2010
  3. Lethn

Lethn

Those networks have been going downhill ever since Jon Stewart called them out on being the 'Jackasses' they are :p

I can't even stand watching the BBC these days, those twats just annoy the fuck out of me. They're getting as bad as the American networks and always have to throw their own opinions at everything or make silly pointless comments after EVERY SINGLE DAMN SEGMENT. Don't even get me started on the horrible puns they keep spewing.

If I wanted that I'd log onto the internet which I do every day. They should just bloody report the news and get to the point instead of doing just about anything to get ratings.

/raaaaaaaage

#23     Feb 4, 2010
  4. bellman

bellman

you guys are funny. stock777 is right. there are enough people watching cnbc for it to move markets and therein lies the proffit potential

#24     Feb 4, 2010
  5. nickdes

nickdes

CNBC is a Joke, Maria stutters , not because she has a speech problem, but because she is so inept at what she does. Insecurity!

Sorry CNBC, but you lose, and your ratings show it.

#25     Feb 4, 2010
  6. The morons are cheering on every uptick they can find today. Pathetic.

#26     Feb 4, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

I noticed, every time the s$p makes a .50 tick higher they breathe a sigh of relief.....

so funny.

#27     Feb 4, 2010
  8. fast money boys and girl licking their wounds.

#28     Feb 4, 2010
  9. nitro

nitro

What I have found is that CNBC appears to have a dual mandate. It appears as if the show is about both the show and the person that hosts that show. It is as if the anchor is allowed to build their own brand at the same time.

In contrast, Bloomberg is more about restraining personality. It is closer to a traditional news show in that they try to minimize the personality and opinion of person feeding the news. It is as if Bloomberg is the republicans and CNBC is the democrats.

I think both networks offer content, and when I am trading from a private office, I have a split screen with both on. I prefer lower key people because trading is already nerve wrecking and the last thing you need is something else riling your nerves. Imo the most professional person on CNBC is Mary Thompson. They should clone her and have her report more often, if not be an anchor. Her voice is always soothing, I rarely know where she stands on what she is reporting on. She allows me to make up my own mind.

I always wonder who is responsible for the content on the shows. For example, I am enjoying Street Signs more and more because imo the tone of the show tries to balance ethics and morals with business news that can make you money. It is imo the most complex show in this sense. But is this the decision of the producer or of the anchor? To be frank, I am surprised this is the format because the people that watch these channels are mostly cut-throat-botton line-by-the-numbers people, where compassion and contrast has no place. When Dylan Ratigan came down on the CME floor, they booed him off the pit. I am probably in the small minority in enjoying this format.

One final note. At every trading firm I am at, either Bloomberg or CNBC is on. On the CBOE floor people have their own little tv's to share every row of MMs or so. I would say the volume is almost always very low or on mute. It is on mostly for surprises, earnings, market moving news, FED decisions, unemp reports, etc, or so that you can turn the volume up if something interests you.

#29     Feb 5, 2010
  10. cramer whining just now because the market is down in the face of great economic fundamentals is amusing.
    cnbc really needs to get rid of him. market pros must laugh at cnbc when he comes on. he is the face of cnbc. is it any wonder they get no respect and people are turning them off.

#30     Feb 5, 2010