CNBC stock picking show defrauded by contestants

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by gwb-trading, Jun 11, 2007.

1. styron

styron

OldTrader,

I think you need to upgrade your troll radar.

#11     Jun 12, 2007
  2. Troll?! But, it's Timaaay!

[​IMG]

#12     Jun 12, 2007
  3. i think this just shows what we all have known for quite some time.

cnbc are a bunch of amateurs.

(1) their so called professional pundits have not traded these ' new markets ' and in fact if they had to sit down and trade they would get their arses handed to them within a few hours.

(2) they are stock obsessed with the upside - honestly their faces when reporting if the dow is down is laughable. they take it personally.

(3) in a world where most people can short all markets including stocks they come up with a competition where you are not allowed to short stocks. this flys in the face of fair trading.

(4) bartiromo is a joke. this is not a beauty contest where she can parade her latest designer dress and fail to mention she owns a cartload of citibank shares thanks to her sucking off her citibank lover in a jet plane.

(5) this programme needs a major facelift. new presenters that are credible from decent trading organisations.

(6) jim cramer tipping everybody to buy the ten year note on friday was the final straw for me. this guy knows nothing about the bond markets and there he is tipping it as if he is an expert bond trader.

come on cnbc executives - wake up and smell the coffee.

#13     Jun 12, 2007
  4. All they care for are ratings and ad $.

#14     Jun 12, 2007
  5. zdreg

zdreg

"swing for the fences"

sounds like a hedge find manage. collects his 2 per cent fee no matter what

"Instead, they designed a system that rewarded talents far from trading."

again it sounds like a hedge fund manager

#15     Jun 12, 2007

6. Yes, the thought of CNBC not doing another contest is truly sickening. I would be hardpressed to find something more sickening, in fact. Genocide would be a distant second.

I think there was this guy I saw on the "How to Win" segment whose advice was just to leave your browser window open, and then buy stocks that are skyrocketing after hours to get the 4 pm price...but I don't think anyone heard him because there were four other experts that were all talking over each other at the same time. CNBC knows that when people talk over each other, and act really assertive by passing off random opinion as fact...viewers love that, and their ratings go up.

#16     Jun 12, 2007
  7. Can you blame them? Is that what you're after?

Don't take it personal, your post just made me think.

#17     Jun 12, 2007