CNBC shows its colors

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by rickf, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Can you believe Eric Bolling is so clumsy with emails?

"Mr. Bolling, according to court documents, had intended to forward the message to Kevin Magee, a senior executive at the Fox Business Network, but instead directed it to CNBC honcho Kevin Goldman."

http://www.observer.com/2007/catch-catch-predator?page=0,1

#61     Sep 25, 2007
  2. EXACTLY. He's so much worse than Claman, and even Leslie LaRoach, remember her ? She was great !
    CNBC treats their people like shit....so much in the vein of GE.
    What a sucky company.

#62     Sep 25, 2007
  3. She doesn't work in the news biz anymore. I've heard she is working in corporate finance now.

#63     Sep 25, 2007
  4. huskidog

huskidog

Does anyone know if Erin Burnett and Becky Quick are lesbians. I've heard they are, but hard to believe.

#64     Sep 26, 2007
  5. rickf

rickf

What's funny is they run the foreign exchange indices in the morning up at the top of the screen. Fine.

They display "Shangai Composite 1245677.023 ^ 435.124" in the little rotating box --- translation, they use something like 2-point fontsize and even if you're nose-to-screen you can't read the damn thing.

Why not say "Shanghai" and drop "composite?" At least then you'd be using 8-10 point font and it'd be readable. Right now it's a joke to use type that small on the screen.

But then again, I'm coming to realize that "joke and "CNBC" tend to go hand in hand this summer.....

#65     Sep 26, 2007
  6. How much you willing to pay for the tape?

#66     Sep 27, 2007
  7. rickf

rickf

Okay, now it's evident (if you didnt know) how slow CNBC is.

As an experiment this morning -- New home sales report released at 1000. Yet CNBC went to commercial, then came back for about 30-45 seconds to market musings about fundamentals before flashing the numbers and "breaking" the news, at which point folks were already trading it (those who were, that is.) The numbers on my streaming quotes told the story more than the TV.

And while I used to like Mark Haines' doddering nature in the mornings, his f--king "wakey wakey" to the west coast folks is condescending and downright annoying.

Aside from Rick Santelli and Steve Liesman, I could do w/o CNBC these days --- in fact, without it in the background during the day for this past week or so, I'm actually trading better. :)

#67     Sep 27, 2007
  8. rickf

rickf

CNBC Cheerleading is back --- at the gym they had their damn orange bar at the top proclaiming "Dow is XXX above record close!!"

Well, zippie-dee-doo-dah. I'm glad I gave up watching it last month......don't need the cheerleading at all.

#68     Oct 1, 2007
  9. FYI OTM (On the Money) is getting the axe.

Kudlow is switching with the Fast Money slot which will air twice the second being after Kudlow in the OTM slot.

Incoming on Oct 10th 2007

#69     Oct 2, 2007
  10. DaveCT

DaveCT

Her name is now Leslie Dodson. She's apparently doing the weather now.

[​IMG]

#70     Oct 2, 2007