CNBC shows its colors

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by rickf, Jul 18, 2007.

1. CNBC won't ever stop being a cheerleader, but at least when Murdoch buys DJ and buys out the DJ-CNBC content sharing deal, CNBC will stop pumping up the Dow so much every time it approaches a round number.

#21     Jul 19, 2007
  2. rickf

rickf

I should add that I've started renaming CNBC as the network of "All Ditech Ads All The Time"

I counted this morning --- 8 Ditech ads ran in one hour. All equally-annoying. But when the parent company owns the network and the sponsor, I guess GE does what it wants.

*sighs*

#22     Jul 19, 2007
  3. Fox business network will blow cnbc out of the water

#23     Jul 19, 2007
  4. Isn't that the ad that has the clever and endearing tagline: "People Are Smart!" I hate that. Um no, people are not smart. People are tards. What percent of the population doesn't know what year the 9/11 attacks happened in? And what percent takes their weekly paycheck and blows it on "just the essentials" like a box full of pinwheels and oversize cowboy hats?

#24     Jul 19, 2007
  5. rickf

rickf

Yep, that's the one. And you're right about most people, too.

Aside from Ditech, others that are run with varying degrees of annoyance bordering on my desire to spork my eyes and ears out include the damn Scottrade mini-spots with the helicopter, and the kid singing horribly-off-key for the autism foundation.....I feel sorry for offices that have CNBC on and have to endure that stuff. :(

#25     Jul 19, 2007
  6. Stupid boeing and GE ads. Yea I'm gonna buy a 767 and a turbine.

#26     Jul 19, 2007
  7. cszulc

cszulc

You know...I was watching Bloomberg just now and I think they're trying to poke a little fun at CNBC because the guy's like "maybe we should flash something across the screen".

#27     Jul 19, 2007
  8. at least now everyone knows about it.. stuff like this has been going on for ages but people were too ignorant to see it. the truth has finally been revealed.

#28     Jul 19, 2007
  9. Dow 14k party hats on...

#29     Jul 19, 2007
  10. rock1968

rock1968

yeah big time party!

#30     Jul 19, 2007