CNBC shows its colors

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by rickf, Jul 18, 2007.

1. October 15

#11     Jul 18, 2007
  2. I'm in my car alot and CNBC and Bloomberg are right next to each other on the Sirius dial. Its amazing to listen to them back to back. CNBC has become REALLY unprofessional. Their anchors are horrible at interviewing, constantly push an agenda, cheerlead and play stupid sound effects. The Bloomberg folks present their material in a very professional manner that's easy to listen to. CNBC probably won't be around after the next market downturn and when FOX brings out their channel.

#12     Jul 18, 2007
  3. In Los Angeles, in the '80s we use to have a UHF business channel called KWHY, Gene Morgan would review hand drawn charts right after the close on the major indices and key movers.

Husbands loved their wives, Moms loved their kids, the telephone was glued to the kitchen wall and everything was fine in Western civilization.

KWHY merged with cable channel FNN which brought on Bill Griffith, Ron Insana and LaLa Liz. Griffith reminds me how it once use to be, a class act.

It all started to go downhill during the dot com mania. Bartoromo, Cavuto, one Asian, one black, 2.7 women for every man, and that pompadour helmeted Kiernan guy who gets a hard on everytime the market makes a new high.

The breathless posts relaying nothing but price action from every exchange along with having two guests who apparently must be polar opposites on every issue, I find mindumbing. I watch it briefly with the volume on so I will get a sense of where the "doctors, dentists and the herd' will be for the day. Then I hit the mute button, and off to Bloomberg.

This new wingnut Erin Burnett, Maria 2.0, who feels the need to show every guest how smart she is by nodding her head at every phrase they utter is a new low.

Fox will bring a new low to the genre, if that is possible.

I can see Bill Kristol, and Paul Wolfowitz, Bolten and company on to give their "insightful' views on why we need to invade Iran every time OPEC makes a statement, or the crude build is smaller than expected.

I just turn it off an listen to classical music and fly by my instruments.

To make a long story endless, I wouldn't mind bending Melissa Francis over a Buy ticket!

#13     Jul 18, 2007
  4. I wonder if Faux and CNBC will have cleavage wars during sweeps week.

#14     Jul 18, 2007
  5. Why are we wasting time discussing this infotainment, one-way market nonsense channel? You've got to have your head examined if you can watch that shit for more than 5 mins. Most of the stuff they report has absolutely nothing to do with the market. For some reason, they like to have empty suit morons on the shows to debate on "issues".

#15     Jul 18, 2007
  6. Since when clowns are considered as professional?

#16     Jul 18, 2007
  7. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

The left tunes into MSNBC

The right tunes into FOX

The middle (if there is a defintion) tunes into CNN

CNBC broadcasting employees preserve the best interests of CNBC's largest holdings.

It's public info...get your arms around the truth or get your arms around yourself (in a stray jacket). It is,,,what is.

I've been interviewed by MSNBC, CNN, and CNBC (go check it out if your don't believe...GOOGLE me ;-)))

If you trade against and with politics...you're doomed! ME and folks like ME...will just continue to CLEAN YOUR CLOCK! Emotions and nothing but drive supply/demand; support/demand; fear/greed.

If you haven't learned this lesson yet...you'll continue to learn and pay a dear price...TRUST ME!!!

#17     Jul 18, 2007
  8. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Are you BLIND, or color BLIND? Ask Neil Cavuto what happened to his career at CNBC. Their colors have been running so long that Stevie Wonder has seen it.

Please don't tell me that there are still naive people out there. Do you...and your trading career a favor...BUY ONE SHARE OF GE STOCK...get the annual, 10K and 10Q...read through it...and then reply to this post. ;-)

#18     Jul 19, 2007
  9. sim03

sim03

Sure, but it's going to be the miniskirted crossed leggage on an open raised stage at FBC year round that will sweep CNBC no matter what.

#19     Jul 19, 2007

10. Well, they're getting ready for the real competition. Fox.

Don't expect it to get any better. The King of Spin will own the Wall St. Journal alongside Fox Business News. I'll probably have Fox turned on mute. They do have the best looking bimbos.....opps I meant eye candy.

#20     Jul 19, 2007