Cnbc Scam!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BobbiDigital, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I was fortunate enough to be trading WLT today and overheard CNBC at 11:30a.m. (central) decide to give an update on the strong day this stock, (Walter Energy) was having. Less than a second BEFORE the 'update' someone began running the price up a grand total of 78 cents.

Obviously this is more than a coincidence and obviously WLT traded lower the rest of the day so I thought a good thread idea would be for anyone that sees this to help me timestamp all these bullshite occurences.

2. Ummm, the shares were already strong on the day, and then CNBC previewed their +coverage of the shares which caused the bull bar. Like when they would mention Dorfman's segment and mention the ticker. It was always bullish. I recall SDLI rallying 30 handles on the mere mention that Dorfman was going to cover the shares after the commercial break.

3. Thank you. Your reasoning is EXACTLY how and why they are able to get away with it. It was already bid before they mentioned it.

Little Joey Retail doesn't move stocks like that.

4. swag

swag

Or maybe someone arbed their cable feed and got the cnbc segment before you did. Transmission arbitrage.

5. jnbadger

jnbadger

Yep. Directv is a good 3 or 4 seconds behind cable. And some cable feeds are faster than others. Some people seem to think everyone gets their info at the same time.

6. No, but you can take advantage of it as a retailer, and your trade will have no impact on price, unlike the pro who initiated the move. IOW, you have the advantage on the piggy-back.

7. Yup and some people seem to have a God Complex. Sooooo, ummmmm....yeah. so if it were that easy we could all sit and watch cnbc all day. The point is you fade that shite. Dumb money in 'smart' money out. It was a strong stock but didn't go any higher now did it?

8. Anything put out by Dorfman has *ALWAYS* been front-run.

You sound like a rookie....

9. y'all shmucks didn't know that cable vs sat vs over the air all have diff speeds.

when gaming cramers pix was a fad, anyone using cable was always behind by a few seconds, enough to miss the first move.

10. yeah, CNBC is "over the air"... What are you talking about?

#10     Mar 19, 2012