CNBC says Madoff may never go to jail - LA. man gets 15 yrs for $100 theft

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, Jan 17, 2009.

1. USA is turning into a Kibbutz.

The original communism society. Only this time 'Shalom' Bernanke will hold all the money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibbutz

It's sad you are not allowed to form a rational, educated opinion about the Israel-firsters who run the Fed, the Banks, DHS, and the War Machine without being defamed and smeared with labels. True communistic control is upon us. Do not dare criticize our overlords. Submit to Israel.

#21     Jan 18, 2009
  2. Stay in Canada then douche!
    You are certainly a master cut and paste journalist...gimme a break, WIKI.!

#22     Jan 18, 2009
  3. maxpi

maxpi

I doubt that it's complicated. The Madoffs see that they can't continue the scam in this downturn, they turn in the old guy. He's not going to jail, ever. Between house arrest, delays in the trial, health issues that prevent him from doing any real prison time, and a lot of money given to a lot of judges and prosecutor's favorite charities... he won't do any serious time and if he does it will be Club Fed all the way... the rest of the conspirators, assuming they did know anything, go on with their lives.. pretty sweet for all of them really, old Bernie lives the high life for decades, the family is well taken care of, the public's memory for these kinds of events is short..

#23     Jan 18, 2009
  4. NKNY

NKNY

I think by them he meant "rich" not Jews....

#24     Jan 18, 2009
  5. axxs

axxs

60000 dollars per prisoner?are you high?i dont even need 12000 to support myself as a free man.have you even been to a real prison?i served for a month in a military prison during my 2 years of national service.and the only expense on taxpayers was a fricking straw mat and a bar of soap and toilet paper every fortnight.and i dont even want to know the current real estate value for 150 sq foot of bare concrete and a toilet bowl

#25     Jan 18, 2009
  6. You must be a fan, I had a much nastier description in mind, that included his ancestors.

#26     Jan 18, 2009
  7. Try again. Reading comprehension counts.

#27     Jan 18, 2009
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Just because you are ignorant that doesn't mean he is not right. 60K per annum is the current cost of prisoners in the US...

#28     Jan 18, 2009
  9. axxs

axxs

u are just as ignorant too if u think that figure is anywhere based on reality.

#29     Jan 18, 2009
  10. sumosam

sumosam

no matter what happens....the madoff family will be shunned and rumours will persist....remember what happened with O>J> Simpson? then he finally showed his true colours. the legal costs will take a big bite out of the coffers.

no one will risk employing his sons as it would not be good for business...too much anger.

#30     Jan 18, 2009