CNBC says Madoff may never go to jail - LA. man gets 15 yrs for $100 theft

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, Jan 17, 2009.

1. why not simply make him pay back his theft? in jail, this would be near impossible, it serves no purpose--the guy needs to be forced to pay back the people he defrauded, not rot in prison.

he is a smart guy, closely monitored, he just may be able to refund at least a portion if not more of the loss.

just my opinion

surf

#11     Jan 18, 2009
  2. No wonder these scams work, people are so gullible.

It sounds like you think he was just unlucky, no doubt a victim of the 'credit crunch'!.

Forget the fact he probably hasnt made a dime for investors for years you would still like the opportunity for him to manage your money!

Aren't you a financial journo or is that someone else?

#12     Jan 18, 2009

3. yeah, i write a little :D

no naive'ty here--- remember, i stated closely monitored-- i dont trust the guy at all, but the most good can be done by making him pay back the losses instead of tossing him in prison.

#13     Jan 18, 2009
  4. Isn't this what the IRS did to Willie Nelson? and others I can't think of off the top of my head just now. A pro boxer maybe?

#14     Jan 18, 2009
  5. But there is absolutely no evidence that he has any ability to manage money in a profitable manner.

Yet there is plenty of evidence that he has no or very little ability!

And yet you would allow him to manage money, albeit supervised. Why? On what basis?

#15     Jan 18, 2009
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Yes, Criminals cost a lot to control. You have good facts showing that cost. Now offset those costs against lesser prison time for criminals.

One criminal with a gun or knife who does permanent damage to a productive citizen, it is more then an $80 tax hit. Between medical costs and lost of productivity it is cheaper to keep criminals locked up.
    Criminals on the street mean millions of dollars spent in security.
    More fences ,gated neighborhoods, less comfort of living.

Since the prison building programs from the 1980's crime has dropped sharply.

The majority of crime is committed by a very small segment of population.

70% of criminals are raised by single mothers. This is one area we can focus on to prevent making new criminals

#16     Jan 18, 2009

7. im not sure, but it makes sense.

surf

#17     Jan 18, 2009
  8. Greenspan and "Shalom" Bernake destroyed the economy and will walk free...oh my I guess I am a nazi "hater" for saying that!

So many coincidences here don't ya think? Enjoy your Freedumn as you are being sold into Communism slavery.

Look who started that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx

Karl Heinrich Marx was born in Trier, in the Kingdom of Prussia's Province of the Lower Rhine as the third of his parents' seven children. His father, Heinrich Marx (1777–1838), born Herschel Mordechai, the son of Levy Mordechai (1743-1804) and Eva Lwow (1753-1823), descended from a long line of rabbis but converted to Lutheran Christianity, despite his many deistic tendencies and his admiration of such Enlightenment figures as Voltaire and Rousseau, in order to be allowed to practice Law. Marx's mother was Henriette née Pressburg (1788–1863). His siblings were Sophie (d. 1883) (m. Wilhelm Robert Schmalhausen), Hermann (1819-1842), Henriette (1820-1856), Louise (1821-1893) (m. Johann Carel Juta), Emilie, Caroline (1824-1847) and Eduard (1834-1837). His mother was the grand-aunt of industrialists Gerard Philips and Anton Philips and a maternal descendant of the Barent-Cohen family through her parents Isaac Heijmans Presburg (Presburg, c. 1747 – Nijmegen, May 3, 1832) and wife Nanette Salomon Barent-Cohen (Amsterdam, c. 1764 – Nijmegen, April 7, 1833), the daughter of Salomon David Barent-Cohen (d. 1807) and wife Sara Brandes, in turn the uncle and aunt by marriage of Nathan Mayer Rothschild's wife.

#18     Jan 18, 2009
  9. You live in a deluded world of ignorance Toronto Turd. He'll spend the rest of his life in prison... if he's lucky.

#19     Jan 18, 2009

10. There was an article out last week he didnt made ONE single trade for his clients.

#20     Jan 18, 2009