CNBC said Bill Dudley comments tanks the market, why?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Happy Hopping, Apr 3, 2011.

1. fanews

fanews

commodities go up based on demand and supply fundamentals

equities based on earnings or p/e and profits.

as for bonds and interest rates it's rigged now by the FED to increase bank profits and easy money to hedge funds.

retirees and pensioners are making 1% interest on govt' 1-2 year bonds..that is ripoff.. i don't give a fuck about the banks going insolvent because people are nod saving and not deposting money into their savings accounts are bad loans and bad mortgages. the bank ceo and wall street making the most money making money off the poor. gambling is a parasitic economic activity. produce nothing.
    it's not my fucking problem.

#11     Apr 3, 2011
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Now THAT is funny. No, I take that back, it's hilarious! :D :D :D

#12     Apr 3, 2011
  3. Locutus

Locutus

Uhm. It was already falling when Japan hit. It would have fallen anyway, evne if there had been no earthquake.

Other than that, as I said back then, I was still mostly long some stuff back then. Now not so much. I don' think this will go a lot higher and this here market looks like it is reaching critical levels of optimism.

I already said it was a mistake and it was a bit early to call a correction in November. The signs weren't really there in a massive sort of way.

#13     Apr 3, 2011
  4. Ditto. Dudley's speech is at 10 am, the market didn't sell off until hours later. So that's why I don't understand the stuff from Maria Bartiromo, she keep saying it's Dudley's speech that tanks the market.

#14     Apr 4, 2011
  5. cvds16

cvds16

these newsanchors have to make up some kinda reason ... they have to sell their stuff so people keep on watching them ...

#15     Apr 4, 2011
  6. olias

olias

that's it. They know they can't fool everybody, but there are plenty of fools who will believe anything they hear. They believe it just because someone said so on TV, or wrote it in their blog. People lack critical thinking skills. A lot of people need to learn to think like a skeptic; and in all areas of life

#16     Apr 4, 2011
  7. emg

emg

Bill Dudley is on margin call

#17     Apr 4, 2011
  8. mickmak

mickmak

My guess... traders are thinking no QE3. hence... no free money. Now gotta compete on bottom and top line. Tougher environment, etc.

#18     Apr 4, 2011
  9. if there is QE3, oil will hit $200+

#19     Apr 7, 2011
  10. S2007S

S2007S

If they do QE 3 this will tell you how fucking pathetic this system really is.

If you think inflation is bad now, after QE3 it will even worse, oil will certainly skyrocket to new highs.

Bubble ben bernanke will gladly push QE3 into the system because thats the only thing he knows how to do to prop up a failing economy, is with more cheap dollars!!!

There will be QE3, you can count on it.

#20     Apr 7, 2011