CNBC real estate bubble

Discussion in 'Trading' started by taodr, Sep 5, 2002.

1. THe problem with CPI is that it takes into account mortgage repayments in calculating the cost of living. So, with low interest rates, guess what, inflation appears low. (and, yes, that is a bit of a 'chicken and egg, what came first' scenario, but it helps to explain).

#41     Sep 6, 2002
  2. Were there ever ANY 99 cent stores in Orange County??

#42     Sep 6, 2002
  3. In Sandiego, there is an Arsonist who burns the 99 cent stores down. They must be undercutting his 7-11.

#43     Sep 6, 2002
  4. Babak

Babak

5. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

I have seen the So. Ca. equivalent in LA county though ..... As well as some areas of Orange County (inland).

#45     Sep 9, 2002
  6. Are foreclosures on the rise?

#46     Sep 12, 2002
  7. Yes

Read it in the paper last Sunday and the CNBC morons did a report on it on Tuesday. I swear CNBC reads the Sunday paper and does the weekly reports based on those articles.

Later,

Cracked

#47     Sep 12, 2002
  8. Rate of foreclosures are at 30 year highs.

Any one have any new personal stories that would signal the top of this real estate bubble (if it is a bubble at all)?

It seems like the higher end houses are taking longer to sell.

#48     Dec 30, 2002
  9. KavMan

KavMan

My Mom was smart
    We took advantage of this real estate boom
    We sold our house that we've been living in for only 5 years which she bought at $420,000 and sold it for $710,000
    Moved back to our old house in Queens which is paid off
    Wish we can sell this house too
    It's worth at least $500,000 hehehe

#49     Dec 30, 2002
  10. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

I Agree !.........
    Save your money and buy the House of you dreams and anything else you want in a few years for 5 cents on the dollar !

Cash is King....... Cash ?

My bet is that Gold / Silver / Copper go through the roof - eventually - not hardly hesitating at the 1980's Highs ! ( go ahead - laugh - they laughed in the 70's too ).

For our Fiat Currency I Thank you Mr GREENSPAN, and your Bretton Woods / Jeckyl Island / Bielderburg / Bohemian Club / Trilateral Commission / Paris Club / UnConstitutional Central Banking Band of Bastardly Brothers !

Hope for the Best - Prepare for the Worst - kinda like trading huh ?

#50     Dec 30, 2002