CNBC Poll: Should the Fed be Abolished?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wildfirepow, Sep 19, 2009.

Should the Fed be Abolished?

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Not sure

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Those people would fall of off their crown together with the rest of the ruling elite because of the fall out of the FED faillure obviously.

#11     Sep 19, 2009
  2. Clip from Moore's new movie, Exclusive Clip On Merrill Lynch And The Reagan White House

He probably wanted to say, "Hurry up, who do you think you are wasting my time" or "Speed it up, my little bitch."

The bankers run everything; Ron Paul is just an idiot wasting everyone's time with this libertarian garbage. Reading Ron Paul is like reading that mises site or sitting in an economics course hearing nothing of any relevance to the real world.

#12     Sep 19, 2009
  3. You mean my goldstocks didnt really move 500% up it was just a dream?:(

#13     Sep 19, 2009
  4. I used to have magical imagination of new future with Ron Paul becoming president of US, it went vanishing right before his quitting on his supporters, at that moment, I realized he is another tool. I still could not believe that I bought into his bullshit before.:D

#14     Sep 20, 2009
  5. Hi number22, not really related to the thread but do you remember this post?

#15     Sep 20, 2009
  6. Lethn

Lethn

Beware ye who vote no! :p

#16     Sep 20, 2009
  7. Cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

The existence of the Fed is what enables the penny-ante "independent" traders of ET.

#17     Sep 20, 2009
  8. lrm21

lrm21

Not a big fan of the FED. But if we abolish it what is the alternative.

I think there are serious structural problems with the FED but the idea that bankers run the country is result of banking not the FED.

Bankers ran the country before the FED and will run it after the FED is gone.

So what is the alternative to the FED?

#18     Sep 20, 2009
  9. Yeah; of course, IMF is going to sell its gold on headline news. Thanks for reminding me, but I still think IMF just trying to re-balancing its book since some of its members(who recently bought huge amount of IMF debts/bonds) are demanding more share within IMF. It is totally understandable, IMF(US) try to sell its gold reserves off-market, and only $13B worth of gold to be transferred within IMF on Sept. 27, after all, the basic principle stays the same, gold will be staying in someone's central bank's vault.

#19     Sep 20, 2009
  10. this was jim rogers prediction and people laughed at him yrs ago

#20     Sep 20, 2009