CNBC on Daytraders 6/17/03

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limitdown, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Hey,

I thought you looked familiar....

#31     Jun 18, 2003
  2. Bloomberg could be usefull if you need background noise, I prefer music or talk radio.

CNBC is very bad for you , I stopped watching it about 2 years ago and haven't missed a thing.

as for news, you can get anything you want from the internet, you don't even need a TV or a newspaper anymore really.

As for the daytrader revival of the past few months, that is a contrarian market signal if there ever was one.

#32     Jun 18, 2003
  3. CNBC is the best. What are you guys talking about?

You know how much electricity I save because of them? Black screen 99% of the day.

#33     Jun 18, 2003
  4. Kinda hard to carry a Viewsonic monitor onto the Bus/Train/CommuterTrain with the plug and cord attached so that I can read the newspaper from the internet...:p :D :D :D

#34     Jun 18, 2003
  5. corvus

corvus

Very exciting time over the next few weeks...we find out about the 2010 Olympics July 2nd. :p

#35     Jun 18, 2003
  6. DblArrow

DblArrow

Bloomberg.com 24 hrs a day - TV and radio (I prefer the TV via realplayer)

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#36     Jun 18, 2003
  7. Do you guys know any other FREE online television like Bloomberg TV?

#37     Jun 18, 2003
  8. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

fwiw, we permanently put CNBC on "mute" back in early 2000 and that's worked great ever since :) I do watch it premkt for the futures and gap movers in the ticker. The silence is great.

Just the facts and data, that's all we want .. talking heads are great entertainment but not helpful to technical daytraders.

#38     Jun 19, 2003