CNBC on Daytraders 6/17/03

Discussion in 'Trading' started by limitdown, Jun 17, 2003.

1. It really is...The graphical displays are excellent as well, covering so many different markets...Everything is very low key, almost monotone, its like having ur television as another monitor

#11     Jun 17, 2003
  2. Yes, Bloomberg TV is awesome! I only get it on my USA channel until 8am pst.

I use it to get breaking economic news that hits the ticker immediately when announced, unlike the shitty CNBC that takes sometimes 5 minutes to get an economic headline announced!!!

I wish I could get Bloomberg TV all day long and not have to watch CNBC, I only use it (CNBC) for the market index and bond ticker on the rightside. I hate having to listen or watch all of those shitty commercials and especially, Maria Buttaroma. What a HACK!!!:mad:

#12     Jun 17, 2003
  3. when you say Bloomberg TV, you mean the website right?

#13     Jun 17, 2003
  4. McCloud

McCloud

I would also agree that Bloomberg TV is definitely a much better choice. Their coverage of the financial markets seems much more professional compare to CNBC IMO.

#14     Jun 17, 2003
  5. McCloud

McCloud

#15     Jun 17, 2003
  6. Decent segment......this has to signal at least a temporary "top" in the market.....the media coming back to retail day trading shops (nice looking place, it seemed).

Maria B. called the bottom when she said that we should all throw in the towel and start buying puts (about 3000 points ago).

Don

#16     Jun 17, 2003
  7. Bloomberg is great, but I'm too damn old to be able see what is going on in 4 open windows, a running tape, while trying to listen to someone announcing.....TIVO might help.....:)

Don

#17     Jun 17, 2003
  8. MrDinky

MrDinky

You caught that too? I remember when I heard her the first thing I thought of was, "now there's a contrarian indicator if I ever heard one."

:cool:

#18     Jun 17, 2003
  9. I'll never forget it. It was right at the October lows, the day before we launched that leg up. She gets on CNBC with her pouting, sullen look and says "maybe we should think about shorting the market".

The next day BOOM! Dow was +300 on decent volume and it was off to the races. There isn't a technician in the world who could have called it better :D

#20     Jun 17, 2003