CNBC Million Dollar Challenge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EpiphanyTrading, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Well, I'm gonna drop from 16th to wherever after Monday's day. I was all(1.46M) in into GMKT hoping for a 5% bounce but got 1.22%. I expect to be down going into tomorrow.

Believe it or not, for Friday's session I had KRY but dumped it before Friday's close and into a beaten up GMKT. If I had KRY's return Friday, there is no doubt I would have won the week even with Nancy B.
    802 entries.

What sucks is everyone is gonna create more but I already knew certain people would do that going in. Shit, I would do it if I had the time...I don't blame her.

I'm still gonna play this aggressive with shitty volatile stocks, there is no other way.

#21     Mar 12, 2007
  2. Who thinks NANCY B. gets paid.?.............Or for that matter anyone else trying to give thyself an edge with multiple accounts....((((((At least put family and friends names)))))Not your own 50 times......Just a thought.......i was reading this forum and had to go see for myself on the site....So I read the rules!!!!

Participant Behavior:
    CNBC reserves the right to prevent access by any Participant who acts irresponsibly or inappropriately in playing the Contest. Although all trading in the Contest is fictional, Participants are expected to engage in trading activity that fully complies with all federal and state securities laws (including without limitation insider trading), as if they were trading actual stocks. CNBC reserves the right to terminate Contest participation by any Participants suspected of cheating, attempting to exploit the contest or other inappropriate behavior. All such action will be determined by CNBC in its sole discretion.

Not that I really care, but when you show up in the top 20 like 14 times you are trying to game the system by creating the winning combination of positions to hold.......

If what she is doing is legit and CNBC/optionsexpress allows this.....to put it in context....It's like telling people to play the power ball for free and asking them to only take 1 free ticket when they know they can take 2 and double the chances of winning...So how many accounts qualifies for CHEATING? 2--5--20--or (3500^3500 * 5) guaranteed winner every week!!!

You just gotta wonder how many times that woman signed up and to get nothing out of the 1st week....I think.......The rules say the weekly winner is the biggest net % winner for the week....The game restarts every week for the weekly prize!!!

Go get it traders....

$COSTAverageMAN

#22     Mar 13, 2007
  3. I read the rules as well. There is nothing that I could find that precludes multiple entries. Therefore, there is literally no limit on the number of entries one could have. As a matter of fact, it looks as if this Nancy did this openly, in her own name. She didn't cheat at all. She complied with the rules as they stood.

Now, maybe you don't like it. LOL! Maybe CNBC are a bunch of dumbasses for not having this in the rules. But again, it looks to me like Nancy complied with the rules, and if she doesn't get her prize, I think she should sue their dumb ass.

In the end, by my reading of the contest rules, she can only win one weekly prize, which then entitles here to one entry in the finals. All the other accounts would not count if I read the rules correctly.

So it looks to me like she read the rules as they carefully instructed everyone repeatedly, and acted accordingly, and the result is going to be a $10K profit. You had the same opportunity, as did I. Don't know about you, but didn't think of it!LOL. But I ain't holding it against here that she did.

By the way, I hear she had 800+ accounts.

OldTrader

#23     Mar 13, 2007
  4. Bjorn

Bjorn

From the CNBC contest blog:

Pretty dumb that they allow it in my opinion.

#24     Mar 13, 2007
  5. Surdo

Surdo

They just announced Nancy Beaumont won the weekly $10K.
    This contest is a total farce and will be the subject of multiple lawsuits.

el surdo

#25     Mar 14, 2007
  6. Sue? it is a free contest and the rules were laid out in advance :D.

How has anyone been wronged?

#26     Mar 14, 2007
  7. maybe you can get your entry fee back and then a punitive damage of 1000% of that.

#27     Mar 14, 2007
  8. EpiphanyTrading

EpiphanyTrading ET Sponsor

She will win again, mark my words. She has the system that cant lose

#28     Mar 14, 2007
  9. it is not too late to start generating 1000s of account to get an edge in the contest.

#29     Mar 14, 2007
  10. EpiphanyTrading

EpiphanyTrading ET Sponsor

That is true. However, I own a trading company www.epiphanytrading.com . I don't have the time to do such sophomore schemes. I took the contest with the same enthusiasm as a poker or fishing tournament.

#30     Mar 14, 2007