CNBC Million Dollar Challenge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EpiphanyTrading, Mar 3, 2007.

1. pamjoey

pamjoey

This will be my first time playn it. Will they post the leading numbers, at the end of each day?

#11     Mar 4, 2007
  2. "It would be good to bounce ideas back and forth to try to maximize the fantasy returns."

I tossed my notes from the last game. As I recall, the top guys went all in on one stock. Most of the top ten all had the same stock. Maybe within a week the top ten, as positions/leaders changed around, they were all in only several different stocks. It seemed to be all or nothing. If a guy blew up he was out, if he hit big he sold and held the position lead. Then bet it all on another momentum stock.

#12     Mar 4, 2007
  3. #13     Mar 4, 2007
  4. Casey30

Casey30

That is exactly how it was won last time...couple back to back 50%-100%+ winners...all in on each.

#14     Mar 4, 2007
  5. EpiphanyTrading

EpiphanyTrading ET Sponsor

I will announce the group chat tomorrow at 5, right here for 730 meeting.

Everyone is welcome. I will have some of the instructors of whom work for my company, my top traders, along with the partners of ConservativeCapital.com

#15     Mar 4, 2007
  6. peezils

peezils

Has anyone else had trouble getting CNBC to post their fantasy account properly? I did the buying on the 5th and it still shows no holdings. Peezils

#16     Mar 6, 2007
  7. EpiphanyTrading

I think anything you do during the day registers by the next day. Orders are pending all day.

#17     Mar 7, 2007
  8. peezils

peezils

I suppose the people who entered thinking it was "legitimate" in the context of setting up a portfolio and trading in/out of various stocks only to find out some people are setting up hundreds of portfolios and picking only 1 stock for each. To enter a "contest" and proving an obvious lack of trading investing/trading is quite boring. I entered to compete with myself with one portfolio and will be thrilled at a top 50% finish. PEEZILS...PA

#18     Mar 12, 2007
  9. EpiphanyTrading

I went all-in with (NEW) on the first day. The order was held all day. I did eventually get it at the end of the day. However, there were contestants who entered the contest on dozens of accounts. Nancy Beaumont takes the pole along with 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 12, 15, & 17th place.

I have a lack of patience for the system wackiness and not being able to pick points during the day.

#19     Mar 12, 2007
  10. isaacly

isaacly

new is dead.... its lost pretty much all its value. i dont think u can win with new, but it's not bankrupt yet so there's still hope.. gotta pray for a miracle though.

#20     Mar 12, 2007