CNBC Mark Haines Dies 5/24/11

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by pspr, May 25, 2011.

1. nitro

nitro

Back in the early 2000s, my favorite show by far was the early morning squawk show. I thought the chemistry between Mark, Joe and David was very good, and it made for intelligent in depth analysis. Mark was particularly insightful, and seemed to always know what the key issue was. He would then follow that train of thought to its logical conclusion until at least you had some satisfaction that you had either reached an impasse in analysis, or that you had gained insight into the issue. I never felt like I was being "sold to" by Mark, and therefore you trusted him intellectually.

Over the years, the network has become far far more watered down with endless commercials. It doesn't have the luster that it used to. It is so hard to put your finger on what has gone wrong...

I know I would have liked Mark personally, as he liked to go to the horse races, and so do I.

The one thing that contains a bit of sadness is, I remember that Erin over the years would tactfully and with humor try to get Mark to eat better, she perhaps intuiting that the way he ate was a time bomb. At least that is the way it came across to me. 65 is way too young to die in America in 2011.

RIP.

#31     May 26, 2011
  2. I practically grew up watching this man. He was, out of most of those on CNBC, a real business news journalist. Like many have said on this board, Mark Haines didn't hold back and told it like it is. He knew the market, he knew the malarky that guests could pull. In his own right, Mark Haines was a titan.

RIP Mark Haines. :(

#32     May 26, 2011
  3. JamesL

JamesL

"covertly murder"ed because he was getting too old for the younger audience...

"directed energy weaponry – for getting in the of a few too many powerful people in this country...."

Everyone's a loon, looking for shit that's just not there.

#34     May 29, 2011
  4. Yeah the murder thing is a bit of a stretch, but I guess I can believe suicide. Maybe.

It's more probable that they haven't released cause of death because they just aren't sure, or it's a privacy thing.

#35     May 30, 2011
  5. Thousands of people die from heart attack every year. Is that really that big of a deal to announce he died from "an apparent heart attack" if it was really the cause of death? His last show was on Friday, May 20. He didn't show up on Monday, May 23 and Tuesday May 24 and then died later that evening. Some things don't add up here.

#36     May 30, 2011
  6. #37     May 30, 2011