CNBC Mark Haines Dies 5/24/11

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by pspr, May 25, 2011.

1. RIP

#21     May 25, 2011
  2. The guy was overweight and ate a lot of junk food and crap. These don't go well together for the cardiovascular health.

#22     May 25, 2011
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Very true! I also know that Rick Santelli is a smoker, and am at least glad the guy is lean so cnbc will still have at least one person worth listening to. For a while...

I'm not a cnbc fan at all, but loved to watch Mark bust FOS people's balls! After that, I usually turned off the t.v.

Looks like doomberg will get more viewership these days since cnbc doesn't have anyone besides Rick to listen to.

#23     May 25, 2011
  4. Also a smoker from what I've heard....that too not the best for cardiovascular health

#24     May 25, 2011
  5. RIP Mark.

#25     May 25, 2011
  6. "Squawk On The Street" is pretty much toast now. I would not be surprised if CNBC will use Cramer to fill the void.

#26     May 25, 2011
  7. RIP Mark

He started my day for the last 3 years and it was a pleasure to listen to him. His character reminded me of my old man. Old fashioned and no bullshit. Loved it.

Live and love everyday like its your last.

Regards

Zr1

#27     May 25, 2011
  8. RL8093

RL8093

Very true & accurate comments imho.

Over the years, I've watched less & less of CNBC but still tried to catch Mark & Erin for a while in the AM (then I typically turn the TV off - I've found I rarely 'need' it).

Mark was the only anchor who would regularly call someone out for saying unsubstantiated garbage. I remember him making both Arianna Huffington & Robert Kiyosaki look like idiots. While he frequently looked like he was asleep when his co-anchor was interviewing someone, if they threw out some garbage, he would wake up and challenge them on it.

This is truly a loss. When that announcement came across this AM, I felt like someone punched me in the gut.

My respect & condolences go out to his family - we all lost a very special person....

R

#28     May 25, 2011
  9. dcvtss

dcvtss

I love this clip, the look on Burnett's face is priceless when he calls her out. Even better is his refusal to apologize when the PC crowd demanded it.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6NkY2rFidJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#29     May 25, 2011
  10. Yeah he will be missed...

But at least they still have his son, Matt Nesto.

#30     May 25, 2011