CNBC Mark Haines Dies 5/24/11

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by pspr, May 25, 2011.

1. Yeah, good point.

#11     May 25, 2011
  2. 65 years young

could cnbc job be unhealthy? did not somebody else die recently ~50-55?

#12     May 25, 2011
  3. riddler

riddler

for real, i am saddened by this. he was a great journalist and i enjoyed listening to his commentary.

#13     May 25, 2011
  4. Joe Battipaglia died last month at age of 55. He was a frequent guest on CNBC

#14     May 25, 2011
  5. i might have to start watching bloomberg now, losing erin burnett and mark haines back to back leaves a void on cnbc during the time i normally watch it- and i don't think that new blond girl is very smart that i'm sure they are going to plug in there, likely with the brittish guy i also don't think is very smart.

#15     May 25, 2011
  6. Mark Hanes knew how to put things in perspective and was very witty. I remeber a couple times when he put CEO's in their place. He was a real person. After 7 years of watching him on Squawk Box I learned alot from him and how the old grey beards played the game. He can never be replaced.

Akuma

#16     May 25, 2011
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Sad to hear of his passing. As for that clip, I loved watching him put barney the sicko in his place!

#17     May 25, 2011
  8. =================
    Yes;
    especially as another CNBC employee said[on air,LOL]''Mark, you got a snack bar under your desk??''.

He was also pro in the sense he could talk quite clearly with his mouth part full of food. Few can do that:D

#18     May 25, 2011
  9. I agree with all those who speak on his wit. Very funny guy , hilarious when he checked some of his guest as shown by the B.Frank video.

#19     May 25, 2011
  10. pt199

pt199

What's wrong with the people of Massachusetts for electing that buffoon
    over and over...My condolences to Mark's family

#20     May 25, 2011