CNBC is facing scary times

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Oct 23, 2006.

1. How much would they pay Cramer to move over there?

#21     Oct 23, 2006
  2. Business news, like pro sports, will eventually be hosted mostly by people who "been there, done that". The money is too big. (Code for journalists need not apply).

Ms. Butt-Aroma will, as water does, seek her own level.

#22     Oct 23, 2006
  3. Both CNBC and the new Fox Business channel... will be one and the same.

They are an integral part of the vertically integrated Securities Business...
    Whose ** sole purpose ** is to transfer wealth from YOUR pocket... to the Securities Industry.

You will get the same Wall Street talking points...
    The same endless stream of highly manipulative Wall Street commercials...
    The same "objective" mouthpieces for Big Industry Players...

And the same thing will happen...
    That has been happening like clockwork for 100 years...
    Money will flow from 95% of you guys... to the Securities Industry and it's Shills.

If you do not understand this simple fact...
    Then there is no chance that you will survival in the business world.

#23     Oct 23, 2006
  4. Nice. Didn't know she was with FOX now. I guess she didn't land that Katie Couric replacement job, so it was time for her to move on.

New theme song?

"We're bring alexis back.
    yeah
    CNBC ain't got none of that.
    yeah
    we got the P-O-P-E
    yeah
    tradin'with G-O-D
    yeah"

#24     Oct 23, 2006
  5. It is hard to believe that Fox will go ahead with its business channel. The article of which the title of this thread was taken, stated that CNBC on a good day was credited with ratings of 245,000 households. That audience may be desirable to advertisers, but still I am not sure if there are enough viewers to support two business channels, three if you count Bloomberg. I am not sure in the internet age if there are enough viewers to support three cable news channels. There are probably not enough viewers to support three broadcast network newcasts as this quote illudes to.<p><CITE>EVEN NON-NEWS junkies should tremble at the news that last week, the second-season finale of VH-1's "Flavor of Love" garnered 7.5 million viewers, while CBS's evening news with Katie Couric could manage just 7.3 million.</CITE>

#25     Oct 23, 2006

6. Fair and balanced...fair and balanced, baby! You should watch it you're missing out on the "rest of the story!"

Seriously, being a trader, you should know that there is no such thing as objectivity in any business, including the news business. Everyone see's the world in their own "rose" colored glasses....though mine are a little clearer then most! :)

#26     Oct 23, 2006
  7. Maybe Katie's just too "White and Nerdy".

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all night folks. :D

#27     Oct 24, 2006
  8. jem

jem

Or weak, incompetent and fake. What made her think she would all of sudden change her typecast.

#28     Oct 24, 2006
  9. mbay

mbay

I think it is a great wake up call from CNBC. They need to consolidate and offer a more interactive website.

If you have a website like Bloomberg.com, giving away free financial television news which pretty much almost does the same thing as CNBC, if not better, then why would people pay to watch CNBC other than being the WSJ.com syndrome. (WSJ.com syndrome, subscribe to anything that can move the market.)

They need to develop a better business model and make some serious changes if they plan to hang on to their users.

#29     Oct 28, 2006