CNBC Guest: $12-15/gallon gas is coming

Discussion in 'Trading' started by capmac, May 21, 2008.

1. Bob111

Bob111

#11     May 21, 2008
  2. Gas at $15 gallon is good news. Then many will start walking or riding bicycles to work. Many will be out of work anyway. Less car traffic for those who can afford to pay.

When you vote for the next Republican president, make sure you stock up on extra bottles of lube. You're going to need it.

#12     May 21, 2008
  3. bluemule

bluemule

Serious.

I am so worrying what will happen if the world runs out of the oil.

#13     May 21, 2008
  4. LT701

LT701

#14     May 21, 2008
  5. Think about this. When I started dealing with oil, about a year ago, it was at 60. Now it is where?

So, the pundits come out on both ends right. Long and Short.

But the facts are very clear. China is giving up bikes for Bmws, India is in growth boom along with China. Emerging Markets are using more oil than the US.

Demand is HUGE. PERIOD!

Sure, the Hedge Funds are a small force. Arabs can't draw interest on their money, thus they have to stick all those dollars somewhere. The Euro, US HEDGE FUNDS speculating on Oil, all these do not pay Interest.

But over all, the DEMAND has not slowed in the US and the Rest of the WORLD now has our appitite for OIL.

I do not beleive Gas will be at 15, but we will see it at 6/9 bucks.

This Energy Run is not over, not close to being over and its a fucking pipe dream to think it is. Not saying that Oil will not pull back. But return below 100? I don't see it happing anytime in the next decade.

Keep in mind, the prices do not reflect an active hurrican season, a war with Iran, other oil nations oil supply disruptions, US refiners going down due to 'being old'. Shit, we haven't built a Refinery since what, the 70s.

This is not your "NASDAQ" bubble folks. This shit is for real and it will effect every aspect of everyones life.

PERIOD

#15     May 21, 2008
  6. The only good news is that KY jelly is water based.
    90% of the country does not have the option of riding a bike or walking to work.

Isn't it the democrats that push the environmental agenda, not allowing US Americans to drill everywhere, like suchas, Alaska?

#16     May 21, 2008
  7. Relax boys and girls, there's a magic little chip coming out next year that will increase your gas mileage 200%+.
    Hint...do some research on performance chips and you'll see the simplicity of the not so new technology. Been out for years, just waiting for the right moment in time. We're at that moment.

#17     May 21, 2008
  8. Yawn.

Does it make you feel better that you've been "allegedly" shorting oil all the way up ( without stops ) by calling it a "bubble"? Do all of the LOSSES then feel not as painful because you've been able to "rationalize" the price action with some sort of a "label"? Is this what you tell your wife, your girlfriend, your family when they wonder why you've lost a ton of money and been WRONG the entire way up?

No one really cares about putting "labels" on rallies or declines in the markets. They just care about MAKING MONEY and managing their risk, something that you obviously have very little talent at.

Seriously, you've got some issues.

#18     May 22, 2008
  9. From what I have read. $100 bbl oil equals $3 gas based on refin mkt dist costs.

#19     May 22, 2008

10. Last I checked it was the Alaskan natives who didn't want their caribou herd drinking crude oil from exxon-valdez type accidents.

http://intercontinentalcry.org/alaska-natives-ecologists-oppose-chukchi-sea-oil-drilling/

Of course we can always trust a republican to manipulate the facts for the rest of the herd.

fact is there is 100 x Alaskan reserves in the mainland and off Gulf of mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakken_Formation

Rig managers are capping off off-shore finds because of lack of platforms ( so the corporate suits say )

Why republicans keep on bringing up "Alaska" as the solution for inadequate domestic production befuddles me. maybe it's because they're congenital liars, very difficult to pin down what exactly the crooks are trying to do.

#20     May 22, 2008