CNBC fear mongering?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Rick Santelli LECTURED Maria Fartiromo and all the other gasbags.

He stated that CNBC was a business network and there were some people who needed to calm down.

If it were not for Santelli and Arthur Cashin, I would NEVER watch CNBC.

#11     Sep 29, 2008
  2. Malcolm

Malcolm

How 'bout those Bears!!! Awesome goal line stand!!!!

#12     Sep 29, 2008
  3. Another long night for those morons. They are making me nervous. :D

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  4. today every time steve liesman or whatever his name is said a wor around 3pm when i was watching market would react to it complete idiocy

#14     Sep 29, 2008
  5. Hey, give those cheerleaders see-through uniforms and see what more men (and lezbos) watch...

#15     Sep 29, 2008
  6. The need to make him anchor.

Plain and simple.

#16     Sep 29, 2008
  7. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Trudat.

And some of the other floor traders that show up occasionally.

The anchors seem to be good indicators of the herd. When you see them bust a blood vessel on live TV you know the bottom is close.

#17     Sep 29, 2008
  8. #18     Sep 30, 2008
  9. bxptone

bxptone

There's a trading system to be had with MSNBC, a contrarian one. I sold the EUR/USD on Friday and purposely held my position over the weekend because I was so sure there wasn't going to be a bail out, why was I so sure....

BECAUSE THE HYPER PUMPING TALKING HEADS ON MSNBC WERE SO SURE.

That Maria Cabrerra chick, who all she is good for are shots of her smiling in short skirts and tight sweaters and to add her little worthless comments, said "Let's take a vote on who thinks the bill will pass this weekend?" And naturally Sue, Bill and Denns raised their hands with her. And alllll Friday afternoon the "It HAS to pass" garbage, I was like no way it passes.

You figure everytime MSNBC talks about something, their wrong probably on average 8 out of 10 times. YOU CAN'T GET BETTER ODDS. So I have my MSNBC contrarian system going. And I obviously banked on that EUR trade. ; )

#19     Sep 30, 2008
  10. You mean CNBC?? :D

#20     Oct 1, 2008