CNBC experiment

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Jayford, May 19, 2003.

1. I use CNBC during the day solely for the reports from the pits and equity "floors" (not so applicable for NASDAQ). I would like to just shut off the TV altogether, but I like to know what's going on. As a result, I am looking for a net site which could substitute here. Sites like briefing.com are worthless as they just give a summary of what happened, and they are wrong half the time anyway.

I am looking for a site that lets me know what the traders in the pits are thinking at various times during the day. Any suggestions?

I am a pure technical trader, almost. It helps my trading when I know there is a "reason" behind the move I am trading.

Thanks,

Jay

2. just21

just21

3. Thanks, but I want to kill off the TV altogether. I already look at Bloomberg also. I don't care about rumors either. I just like pit reports. Is the pit looking at certain levels? What are they worried about?

That type of thing.

Jay

4. Kermit

Kermit

Jayford:

If you like pit reports, the closest I can think of is tuning into a squawk. There, besides just the quote, the broadcaster will periodically report who’s doing what, pit population attendance, # of contracts traded, fib levels, pivots, …etc. ,and of course background pit noise level. Maybe that’s the sort of stuff you’re looking for?

Kermit

5. I prolly should have mentioned this also. A squawk is overkill actually. I'm not a scalper (I do about a half dozen trades per day). I love squawk boxes but they distract me too much.

Thanks for the input though.
    A website like briefing but forward looking would be good enough I guess.

Jay

6. taught by one of the biggest locals in the SPOOS

www.teachtrade.com

but it was shut down last month

maybe you could email them or their principals
    to get a rec on what you are looking for

good luck

7. Hmmm. I think I posed my original question awkwardly. I'm not looking for tips, etc (been trading a looong time), Just like to know what's going on. Its a psychology thing with me.

Thanks though,

Jay

8. nkhoi

nkhoi

9. Not sure if this is what you are looking for Jay but I listen to Bloomberg radio (conveniently on the internet) periodically throughout the day. They feature ongoing commentary on what the market is doing that day & why. Also interview fund managers & traders throughout the day ... works for me & I love the convenience & price (free!)

http://www.bloomberg.com/media/radio/index.html

#10     May 19, 2003