CNBC Europe & Bloomberg via Astra Satellite

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kicking, Aug 12, 2002.

1. My local cable company broadcasts CNBC Europe from 6am to 12pm CET. These guys obviously don't know that US markets open at 3:30 pm. I am thinking about getting a satellite dish to get CNBC and Bloomberg with Astra (it's free). The equipment costs about 150 euros then I 'll have to install it. Is there anything I should know before opting for satellite TV instead of subscribing to digital TV like Canal + ( offers only CNBC "Nordic":confused: ) ? There are dishes starting at 80 euros up to several hundreds I wonder if the cheapest one will do and whether I 'll have to play around a lot with my TV set.

2. wild

wild

both satellite & digital TV bring the same free CNBC & Bloomberg programs to your TV set ... CNBC with the intermittent European sidesteps & Bloomberg in English & the local language

regards

wild

3. rally

rally

Interesting you mention you can get cnbc and bloomberg for free via satelite, here in the UK you have to pay a monthly subscription to sky broadcasting(which also broadcasts via satelite) for cnbc and bloomberg:(

4. wild

wild

5. This is very weird: when I click on this thread I get a pop up ad from Direct TV mini dish.com !!!! It's like they were spying on us or something.
    The market surely sucks today. You know what I think it 's the f*cking bullmarket that's back .:)

6. rally

rally

Thanks for that wild, as you can see from that list cnbc is a pay channel and bloomberg isn't even listed on there.

7. LouieR

LouieR

I use Dish Network (DBS) to get both CNBC and Bloomberg. Service has been excellent but one thing I would caution. Extreme weather conditions such as heavy snow (rare in Texas) or rain will kill your satellite signal. The receiver will continuously attempt to resync the signal but until the weather lightens up, you may not receive programming. For me, this is still better than cable service, where the idea of customer service is a tape recorded message when you call in a service outage.

8. wild

wild

rally,

if you take a closer look (by scrolling down) at "Analogue TV Services" you´ll find that both - and many more - channels are mentioned ... and free.

regards

wild