CNBC Daily Trivia Question Answer Key

Discussion in 'Trading' started by StLouisTrader, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Friday's answer is Proctor & Gamble

#11     Apr 7, 2006
  2. Tunes

Tunes

thank you sir

#12     Apr 7, 2006
  3. yes, thank you kindly.

#13     Apr 7, 2006
  4. logan5

logan5

The CEO of which company told Becky he's working WITH cable companies in the battle for your living room?
    AT&T
    Sprint Nextel
    Verizon

#14     Apr 10, 2006
  5. Sprint Nextel

#15     Apr 10, 2006
  6. alanm

alanm

Why would one want to help out other people in a contest?

#16     Apr 10, 2006
  7. BTW, did anyone read the article in the NY Times about what Nextel/Sprint wants to do/ is doing with Cablevision, Timewarner and othe cable co.s?

It's gonna be crazy. Pretty soon no one will ever actually have to meet with anyone in person again. :) And then in 20yrs people will realize the genius of the Unabomber. Here's a taste:

1. The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in "advanced" countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in "advanced" countries

I think I just had an LSD relapse.:p

#17     Apr 10, 2006
  8. lindq

lindq

Leave it to CNBC to screw up even a simple trading contest. I'm trying to imagine how anyone on their staff came up with the idea of only entering trades at the close. Incredibly lame.

#18     Apr 10, 2006
  9. twwood

twwood

So if you put in a trade after 4, its processed at 10...hell look at AA, its gone up close to 7% in after hour trading after earnings so im buying up the stock so it opens tommorow with a hefty gain, see how its does throughout the day and move on to the next high after hours gain. Dont know if this would work (if the trade will go in tonight at todays closing bell price or tommorow at 10...anyone know?)haha. Haven't quite grasped the pricing rules but im almost there ; )

#19     Apr 10, 2006
  10. twwood

twwood

nevermind...i learned that im just going to be buying expensive AA at tommorow's close. <i>Awesome</i>

#20     Apr 10, 2006