CNBC - Cramer's Mad Money

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by LaSalle, Mar 14, 2005.

1. lol. i couldn't take but a few minutes of that on-air seizure, myself.. and i like the guy.

he reminds me alot of Chris Berman and Dick Vitale. they're 3 peas in a pod. they're all very talented, and about the best at what they do.. but you can only take so much of those koo koo clocks in one sitting.

#21     Mar 14, 2005
  2. cramers talent:
    around the end of december cramer was hyping his newest must own stock group. he called the group GERQY. if you had followed his advice where would be today? keep in mind cramer doesnt believe in stops so you would still be long:
    JAN1 PRICE AND TODAYS PRICE

G = GOOG 202 TODAY 175 -27 POINTS
    E= EBAY 57 36 -21
    R = RIMM 79 66 -14
    Q = QCOM 42 37 -5
    Y = YHOO 38 31 -7

if you followed cramer you are down a painful 74 points.

#22     Mar 14, 2005
  3. Choad

Choad

Cramer will probably be by later.

He posts under the alias stock777 :p

#23     Mar 14, 2005
  4. oh by talent i didn't mean stockpicking. i don't think his picks are any better or worse than anyone else's.

i meant talented as in self-promoting huckster/entertainer/motormouth-type who can rattle off the amount of info he can about (an alleged) 500 stocks off the top of his head.

#24     Mar 14, 2005
  5. The sad part is how CNBC is promoting the network. One minute, you hear Ted David in a promo tell you how they are "tough" on the guests that make calls on air and how they look out for the little guy blah blah blah, at the same time they are hyping this
    J-ass who pumps CMGI, what a F'ing joke. I think all NBC stations are garbage though.

#25     Mar 14, 2005
  6. gaj

gaj

*thank you* to the people who posted this.

i was debating whether to waste my time watching his show, because a friend of mine who is looking into trading was asking me stuff about cramer, because he 'looks' good.

i gave him a bunch of links, citations, and cramer's own stuff. the first thing that helped was cramer's thing about no stops...i just wish i could find the link to where he was buying CNXT (i think?) from 10+ down to 1.

however...if stocks really are moving on cramer in AH, i'll watch if i'm around. either jump up, or (more likely) fade, fade, fade. too bad it's not during the regular trading hours.

(and i bet they'll eventually put limits on the kind of stocks that can be asked about).

#26     Mar 15, 2005
  7. HE WENT TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    REVENGE OF THE SITH

#27     Mar 15, 2005
  8. Fortuantely or unfortunately, this will probably be a must watch tv show...

Even if it is for the sheer entertainment factor. You have to laugh when you see Cramer's head spinning around with Ball written on it for the "crystal ball" segment.

Cramer cost me a lot of money when he was declaring that ATT (T) had no value (that was at 14, now at 19).

Let's see how long it will last.

btw: this tv show follows the same format as his radio show, that used to come on from 3pm-4pm (EST).

#28     Mar 15, 2005
  9. I'll never understand the geniuses who run CNBC. Their daytime format is so tired it's a joke. Does anyone actually watch it. Of course, it looks like Masterpiece Theater when compared to their night time shows. Why can't they just run the pretty decent Asia and Europe feeds? Most people don't get those at all, yet they compare favorably with Bloomberg TV. The old K&C show was pretty decent, but then they took it off the evening lineup, when anyone could actually watch it. Now they have ruined it. Even I find it hard to watch Kudlow's endless shilling for supply-side tax cuts to the exclusion of all relevant stock market news. Cramer's show sounds like a joke. "Hey Jimbo, what do you think about CSCO here?" There are a thousand sponsored shows on radio like that. who cares?

I haven't seen Cramer's show yet, but the old K&C format where they had exec's and analysts on and actually asked them tough questions was not half bad. Why screw with it?

#29     Mar 15, 2005
  10. Moreagr

Moreagr

You have to say the guy is pure entertainment :D I don't mind watching him.... at least he keeps me awake :) JUST don't TAKE HIS ADVISE FOR ANY LONG TERM PLAYS. keep them short and sweet.

#30     Mar 15, 2005