CNBC contest winner

Discussion in 'Trading' started by freewilly, Jun 20, 2007.

1. squall

squall

And then the CD and mentoring course....

#11     Jun 20, 2007
  2. wtf are you talking about. Thats what 90% of hedge funds are doing.

The hard part is raising money from suc... , investors.

#12     Jun 20, 2007
  3. So, she didn't have a thousand accounts like Nancy Beaumont?

I came really close to winning one of those weeks but too many people had TOOO many freegin' accounts. Tainted rules, bs, I lost interest fast...

#13     Jun 20, 2007
  4. there is something going on with the guy thats actually in first place. i guess people were complaining that he was putting in his trades and then trying to pump up the actual security the next day with real money?
    a. i dont know how people would know this.

b. i dont see how that would have been possible under the rules since you couldnt buy penny stocks or some shit.

#14     Jun 20, 2007
  5. Where can I read more about this? I find the whole notion of people cheating in a stock market simulation game ironic and oddly compelling.

#15     Jun 20, 2007
  6. squall

squall

Yeah the kind of person who would do something like that must really have a penchant for "the little things" in life.

#16     Jun 20, 2007
  7. Mary Sue Williams lives with her husband...Mark, who holds a degree in archeology from the University of Arizona, is a cook at a nearby Denny's

Bet this guy is proud:

Dr. John W. Olsen, Department Head of Anthropology, University of Arizona
    [​IMG]
    "Yea, I'd like an Extreme Grand Slam with an extra side of savory sausage links, hold the hash browns."

#17     Jun 20, 2007
  8. squall

squall

Yeah the kind of person who would do something like that must really have a penchant for "the little things" in life.

#18     Jun 21, 2007
  9. Chood

Chood

Yea, and that husband has defied another norm: he started working at Dennys before he and his wife got into trading.

#19     Jun 21, 2007