CNBC clueless

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DWV, Jan 3, 2007.

1. CONR

CONR

:D

#31     Jan 5, 2007
  2. so, your telling me you didn't have to be Fellini to figure that post out?

I'm so disgusted with myself that I could lust after a married woman with a couple kids........ And I'm still not over her not answering my letters.. All the time I spent holding up her picture with one hand. It's just rude, I tell you.

Come on Fox.

Do you think anybody lusts after Carl Quintanilla... I mean besides Elton John?

#32     Jan 5, 2007
  3. G.E is indeed the parent company of CNBC.My brother-inlaw used to work for G.E. You should see the year end report.Its the size of a telephone book.All the pages nice and glossy,and all the pies they have their fingers in ,are pretty remarkable.But why would a decidedly industrious company like G.E., that makes or contracts to make,everything from lightbulbs to rocket engines,want a television channel,that is ,and always has been decidedly bullish?Very little if any objectivity.Personally,I think G.E. really stands for government enterprise and CNBC stands for corporate boobs,nitwits and conartists.Viewership must have been on the decline.Have you noticed men have alot less airtime and the women are all goodlooking.I guess sex does sell, especially on the buisness propoganda channel.Goodluck and good trades.

#33     Jan 5, 2007
  4. Michelle Caruso Cabrrera - you gotta watch her babble about where the Dow futures are headed at 4 o'clock in the morning on Worldwide Exchange to appreciate how truly annoying she can be. . .

#34     Jan 5, 2007
  5. Shoot, you got a Youtube link for that??????

I can barely stand to watch or listen to CNBS for years now, but for that I might have made an exception.

No sh**, Liz is the only one there that doesn't give me the willies.

#35     Jan 5, 2007
  6. How would you do it?

I think spots on technicals, actionable ideas would be a hit. Not the whoosh, look at this one year, ok, now Sue is going to the Paramus mall to scratch her ass and talk about mall traffic.

In 1994 or so, John Murphy had a GREAT spot. He pointed out one day Burlington Northern was the only RR to lag the Trannie rally, and I made a five grand hit in some options. He is so likeable that you can watch hm w/o getting annoyed. I mean, Cindy Crawford's husband probably needs to get out once in a while.

Another idea. If Reardon Metals had a five minute spot, would you tune in? "hey Reardon" would be the title. Reardon, what do you like today? Or, what are you thinking that we can talk about on TV. Remember that one thread he had, "I see it". How many hits did that get? How hard would that be? "Reardon Metals is brought to you by Slappy's Bait Shop. Stop on in for all your chummin' needs."

There is more talent on ET than CNBC features ina week. And it's not hard to do remote stuff.

"Bob in his Underwear" is up 14 % this year beating the Sand P by a handy margin. Bob, when you're done scratchin' your balls, can you show us your hardware? No, no Bob, not that hardware... Bob, Bob...."

Seriously, it's not hard to do. How many members does ET have, and they look daily. CNBC only has 140k viewers. Wouldn't hurt to have a little grin now and then. Wall St. has great gallows humor.

What would you guys do? What would be valuable enough to get you to tune in? And keep it clean. You know how sensitive I am about that stuff.

#36     Jan 6, 2007
  7. CONR

CONR

Look at that sweater!

#37     Jan 10, 2007
  8. good point (s)!

#38     Jan 10, 2007
  9. bgp

bgp