CNBC clueless

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DWV, Jan 3, 2007.

1. CONR

CONR

Michelle is healthy also. What ever happened to Melissa Francis?

#21     Jan 4, 2007
  2. General Electric. That gem of a stock has really performed well in the last couple years.

lmao.

So true.

#22     Jan 4, 2007
  3. What!!

You sayin that Bob's the top shagger?

#23     Jan 4, 2007
  4. #24     Jan 4, 2007
  5. I've never read any of his books. There really isn't anything "magical" about the theory. You just have to keep up with what consensus earnings are forecasted for the S&P, and then compare it to what bonds are yielding. Then you have to keep up with each earnings season to determine if the earnings are meeting up to those expectations.

Right now consensus earnings growth for the s&p for 2007 is pretty much in the high 1 digit. You can call the range 7-9%, but most are expecting 9. That yield if it comes to fruition is almost 2 times the current bond yield. Is getting twice the annual guaranteed rate of treasuries worth the risk ? I would think most people would answer yes to that question. Therefore the stockmarket will go up this year as long as bond yields do not rise from their present condition, and most s&P companies are growing their earnings at least 9% year over year(including dividends).

This is why everyone gets concerned with fed speak. They are hoping to get a clue as to the fed's next move. They can already see what the future of earnings are looking like, but they cannot determine what the fed is thinking.

If earnings turn out to be around 7% instead of 9%, and the fed continues to talk tough on inflation, or tries to save the dollar by raising rates then the market will drop, but nothing big until the fed actually raises rates. Each percentage move a bond makes closer to actual yields of the s&p take more people out of the market who are risk averse.

#25     Jan 4, 2007
  6. Right now, the BOND market is at nearly a historical extreme in relationship to where the S&P is trading. In fact, BONDS are at the same place right now, as stocks were back in March of 2000.

#26     Jan 4, 2007
  7. Chood

Chood

I caught that too this morning. Delicious that she knows to do that. I'm waiting for Carl or Joe to say "sweater puppies."

#27     Jan 4, 2007
  8. How could she not know it? Walk around with your kid's backpack stuffed w/books on your front. Tell me you don't notice it.

I wonder what they called Pisani in High School? What sort of taunting nickname could come f rom "Pisani"???

#28     Jan 4, 2007
  9. Chood

Chood

No way they are that heavy. We're not talking frozen chuck here. Now if you're talking pendulous, yes, I would agree, no question.

#29     Jan 5, 2007
  10. pendulous. I think I need a cold shower.

Pendulous. Pendulous. Not heavy, or floppy,........... pendulou-ss-s-s-s--s-s-sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss----

#30     Jan 5, 2007