CNBC and Jim Cramer

Discussion in 'Trading' started by slug, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Down 9.58% for 2011. enough said.

#11     Feb 16, 2012
  2. cnbc a vulgarity for years.

get over it

or write them and tell them they suck ass

#12     Feb 16, 2012
  3. He also yells alot. People love "Yell"-TV.

#13     Feb 16, 2012
  4. tortoise

tortoise

I hate to ask but what exactly is wrong with Cramer? I'd never look to him (or anyone, for that matter) for stock tips but he seems knowledgeable about the market.

#14     Feb 16, 2012
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

He tries to play it both ways. When he's wrong he tells you either you were wrong or that he actually got it right even though he didn't. He'll mention some crazy theories and when they don't pan out, he never mentions them again ("$80 stocks go to $120! I know it's hard to believe, but it's true!").

#15     Feb 16, 2012
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yet, here we are... :)

Just 2 observations about him:

1. It is very hard to make 1 hour of TV programming to be interesting about such a dry topic as stock selection. He is a very colorful character, I would say, very watchable, concerning the topic itself.

2. On a channel that is run by big corporations one can not have a career if one is bearish all or most of the time. He might even have to watch his advertisers so he wouldn't offend them. This is an integrity issue, but he is not an independent adviser for sure...

#16     Feb 16, 2012
  7. What ? You guys don't buy his live calls on mad money during After Hours trading!?? it's the bomb!!!!:)

#17     Feb 16, 2012
  8. :D ....It must of been the word "bearish" that brought back this one...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gUkbdjetlY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#18     Feb 16, 2012
  9. Yes, he's been doing this for many, many years. It's pure "huckster-ism". Alot of wind at your back analysis...If the market is higher, he'll roll out the list of bullish picks that worked. If the market is lower, the bearish picks are emphasized.

Then again, it's 2012 and I figured even the biggest dolts had figured this out about 5+ years ago.

#19     Feb 16, 2012