CNBC Anchors - Worse and Worst

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tech Analysis, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You can add David Faber's new book to the inferno. I remember a few weeks ago they had the author of "The Pied Pipers of Wall Street" on and Faber was more concerned with the fact that Cole had mentioned Faber as "Farber" than with anything pertinent to wall street analyists.

What a journalistic piece he is. Art Cashin is the only one who appears on that channel who calls it like it is. The rest aren't collectively worth one share of JDSU.

#41     Jun 8, 2002
  2. tradex21

tradex21

The only thing that made this show faintly watchable was the great Jim Rogers when he was on and occasionally Art Cashin.(You can tell any minute he may shout out "Run for the exits you suckers".) This is dangerous vacuous reporting at its best. How would you like to wake in the sack with Beagle Eyed Maria Bartiromo next to in twenty five years, that's such a nightmare to comprehend you may want to consider euthanasia now. Turn it off and keep it off and you will be a better Trader.

#42     Jun 8, 2002
  3. I also love their "breaking" news, we'll bring it to you as it's happening horseshit. I already have (2) 1-minute candles printed on my SP M2 chart showing the results of the news, before they even get done with their commercials. Oh yeah, and like futures traders are gonna sit and wait for Mark Haines to fart out the latest unemployment reports.

#43     Jun 8, 2002
  4. tradex21

tradex21

Yep I just love it when half the free world is on the edge of their chairs sweating bullets waiting for the Intel number at 4:15:10 and they say "After the commercial break Rebecca Quick will bring us up to speed on that all important Intel report". Or how about when the market has been down for the last seven out of eight days and it fell again today after being up the one day yesterday and they ascribe it to "Profit Taking!!!" GE should have taken this show off the air years ago. So surprised they have not been sued for Breach of Intelligence or whatever.

#44     Jun 9, 2002
  5. lol

#45     Jun 11, 2002
  6. [​IMG]

#46     Jun 11, 2002
  7. stevet

stevet

if any of you want a real laugh - you should watch the UK version - they have the worst anchors in the world, there are more umms and errs, confused looks, appologies, mix ups

they are totaly confused by any market logic, and they always cut away to the weather or an ad at an improtant bit of an interview and then spend 5 mins explaining how under pressure they are -

although i guess they do acuratley reflect europeans and specifically the european investment community!!!

#47     Jun 11, 2002
  8. anyone catch "and then the drugs kicked in, and stocks sank" on bloomberg around 3:30 today??

#48     Jun 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.