CNBC Anchors - Worse and Worst

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tech Analysis, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Costello was great when the NASDAQ was melting down.

Having him come on in the afternoon with the blood vessels in his temple looking like an anuerism waiting to burst. Classic reporting at it's best.

I think Marcy is gone... she was cute.

I missed the "3 chickens" report. Could someone please fill me in on that little nugget of journalism (Loosely applied for your humor)?

Maria reminds me of the following saying every time I hear her screeching voice..... are you drunk because you're stupid or stupid because you're drunk. :D

TIA

#11     May 24, 2002
  2. Suzy Assaad from Bloomberg is a fox, as is that Asian chick on Bloomberg Asia that's on when the Nikkei opens.

#12     May 24, 2002
  3. I think it is Island that has an ad campaign going where they feature "real" traders. Anyway, one of them was such a total babe it was just sick. I would short out my keyboard with drool if I was sitting next to her.

#13     May 24, 2002
  4. Nordic

Nordic

They all suck! Repetitive talking heads with useless veiwpoints and ridiculous commentary. I would rather listen to commentary by Sponge Bob Square Pants.:D :D :D

#14     May 24, 2002
  5. PrueFan

PrueFan

Anchors I wouldn't mind "tapping"

Prue Lewarne (a babe and a half, thus my handle)
    Marci Rossell (as annoying as she may have been, she was still "tapp-able")
    Page Hopkins (blonde with brains, can you ask for more?)

No Maria Bartiromo for me...ever see her in person? She's shaped like a pear, and I don't even want to guess what she looks like under the layers of make up.

#15     May 24, 2002
  6. ktm

ktm

...and Maria's eyeballs are massive - like one of those black goldfish. She gets bags under them that would hold luggage.

At least Michele Caruso-Cabrera is stacked. They did a holiday spot with her in Miami last year and she had a Tshirt on, she was packin.

#16     May 24, 2002
  7. LOL !! Indeed.

And to think they call her the "money honey". Looks more like she's gone through the tech wreck head first.

I agree with you on Prue Lewarne. Love that Aussie/English accent, too. It's a shame Bloomberg's ticker is so lame and there's no pre-market action.

#17     May 24, 2002
  8. I'm still laughing about the idea of Sponge Bob and Patrick providing market commentary! They could bring in Squidward for special breaking stories.

#18     May 24, 2002
  9. bronks

bronks

I just gotta say, Spongebob Squarepants is the greatest cartoon since George of the Jungle and Tom Slick...Superchicken also. It's what a cartoon should be-- so stupid it hurts. No underlying messages, no preaching, no thinking. Just pure lunacy. :D :D :D

#19     May 24, 2002
  10. saxon

saxon

I just about fell off my chair one day when Becky Quick used the following example to explain a market sell-off following the release of an unexpectedly bad economic report:

She said, "It's like when I'm feeding my baby girl. When I give her a spoonful of peaches...which she expects...she doesn't react. But when I slip in some peas...which she doesn't expect...she makes a face. So that is what is happening today; the market is making a face."

:(

saxon

#20     May 25, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.