cnbc ‘freaking out’ over low ratings.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, May 1, 2012.

1. Would Fox Business have anything to do with market share? I listen to neither channel on a regular basis as it clouds my judgment(I need to lose consistently)...but they brag a lot.

ES

#51     May 5, 2012
  2. what do you have against Rick Santelli? My guess is your political ideology has clouded your judgement and you probably can't put your criticism into any kind of intelligable form. You know, speaking of TV, they have a show for people like you on msnbc called Ed Schultz. You can post anything you want there (if you are not a republican or an anti democrat.) The best one I read the other day was "Republicans are against student loans because they are all stupid." Plus he has a really good poll, like, "Get your cell phones out, I want to know what you think. Who cares more about the middle class? Vote A for democrats vote B for republicans." Not surprisingly, no matter what the question, it always comes out 97% in favor of democrats. It's good for a laugh if you want to see what a democrat Rush Limbaugh wannabe looks like.

otherwise, I like Santelli. He's one of the reasonable voices on TV. He started out as a bond trader and knows his way around the old CBOT and always has an opinion on the numbers.

#52     May 5, 2012
  3. well played sir.....spoken like a true tea "bagger"...

it sounds like you watch more msnbc than me...

#53     May 5, 2012
  4. Soo...let me see if I have the right? Fox Business is Republican, CNBC, MSNBC and the New York Times is Democrat.

I turned on Fox Business and they single handedly take the credit for taking Obama down..well then there is Glenn Beck...

ES

#54     May 5, 2012
  5. They would freak out even more if traders noticed their performance would improve if they stopped watching it altogether.

#55     May 5, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Rick is one of if not the best most knowledgeable commentators they have. Why would they get rid of him, just to suit you?

#56     May 5, 2012
  7. I don't actually watch cnbc or bloomberg, but one of them is usually on during the trading day, except at 11:00 when I switch to link and 1:00 I switch to msnbc and back to bloomberg at 2:00. You never know when you may just pick something up or someone verifies an idea you thought just you had. I'm way beyond the days when useless information affects my trading.

#57     May 5, 2012
  8. patoo

patoo

Santelli rants all the time. Rant Rant Rant. Then he got that teabagger crap going..

Rant Rant Rant. When he comes on, I turn CNBC off. How can you think when that nut is yelling??!!

#58     May 5, 2012
  9. that's cool, to each his own. Compared to the ranting that goes on all the time in my own head, he sounds like a voice of reason to me.

Enough about Santelli. Is there anybody on TV that you like to listen to or watch?

#59     May 5, 2012
  10. They used to break news now they just report news. Most of the anchors/analysts with any credibility and connections left. Haynes died, Burnett left, Gasparino left, etc. Gasparino used to break all the headlines. David Faber is the only editor left with wall street insider info. Jon Najarian is the only trader worth listening to. All anchors are a joke.

Even though 99% of what they air is bs, there's still 1% thats tradable. If a news source can move a stock you gotta be aware of it.

#60     May 5, 2012