cnbc ‘freaking out’ over low ratings.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, May 1, 2012.

1. ronjon

ronjon

She was looking like someone's polish grandmother up until recently. Now she looks completely different?

• sue.jpg
      File size:
      23.9 KB
      Views:
    #21     May 1, 2012
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Many people are getting rid of cable, no reason for it....thats one reason and the other is that they are so bullish, I used to tune in years ago, but now dont even bother watching cnbc unless the market moves down by 200-300 points, other than that its the same boring bullish dribble chat day in and day out.

#22     May 1, 2012
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

Why hasn't Mad Money been cancelled yet?

#23     May 1, 2012
  4. nobody who watches mad money loses money? i have watched it off and on for years and i have never heard a caller complain about losing money. what gives?

#24     May 1, 2012
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

Some do complain and then he tells them they should have sold their stocks higher. He's always so slick at rewriting history.

#25     May 1, 2012
  6. The next real bull won't start until CNBC is an historical footnote.

#26     May 1, 2012
  7. Bartiromo's show is horrible because they don't do enough about what is currently going on in the markets at the present time. They stick too much with a fixed script of stories constructed hours before. It's like turning on to watch what's going on with a live baseball game & the commentators talking about everything except the game on the field.

Sorkin brings no new info worth a darn. He's worthless.

Carl Cantonilla (sp?) belongs on the Today Show, not CNBC.

They need more traders on that show.

They also got rid of the biotech guy. Now they have no one in that role.

BOTTOM LINE: PUT MORE TRADERS ON THE AIR & LESS STORIES IRRELEVANT TO THE CURRENT MARKET ACTION.

#27     May 1, 2012
  8. New interesting content on ET has also been going down the tubes. Maybe there is nothing left to discuss as far as trading goes. Deep Thoughts is the only on going thread worth reading and it doesn't really have to do with trading. Maybe joe retail is figuring out if you trade in a bubble you'll be far more successful. Not that I have any room to talk I'm incapable of coming up with an original idea and consider myself a free rider.

#28     May 1, 2012
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The traders suck. Have you ever seen that show fast money? A bunch of posers.

CNBC is for outsiders who wanna think they are insiders. They sensationalize stories to fill airtime.

Bloomberg television is awesome. Everyday I learn something new. While CNBC tries to get big name people who are blowhards like Donald Trump, Bloomberg gets professionals who are professional. No one talks over another. Bloomberg also shows some interesting charts and patterns. The least intelligent part of the day is Trish Regan's hour around the close. Lo behold! She's from CNBC.

#29     May 1, 2012
  10. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

This is what I don't like about cnbc.

APPLE APPLE APPLE. Everytime I turn it on in the morning, I can't go 5 mins without hearing about it.

They do get a nice debate going from time to time, right at that point they say " sorry guys but we are out of time". wtf else is going on? Can't push back the next segment.

Their trading advice makes no sence. Put on a bull spread because APPL is going higher. Hmmm never even looked at option prices that were recommened their.

If you want to teach people how to trade better, I believe they should have a segment on pure fundamentals of a company. How to gauge them and how to evaluate companies.

#30     May 2, 2012