CMT + CFA = Job ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by CN2000, Nov 15, 2005.

1. gnome

gnome

Well, we ARE "sharing our thoughts".

I've been a trader more than 20 years. And when I traded public money was relatively famous. What one needs to learn about trading today is not taught by CFA. If one is looking to be a "buy and hold" mutual fund portfolio manger, CFA should help land an interview. JMO.

#21     Mar 26, 2006

2. CAIA, www.caia.org, would help you more than CMT, it only takes a year right now too.

#22     Mar 26, 2006
  3. amanda

amanda

you need real experience to get the CMT , don't you. trading with your own cash won't get you the CFA and CMT qualifications?

#23     Mar 26, 2006
  4. CN2000

CN2000

Thank you gnome,

That's pretty much the feedback from the industry. No MBA or/and no CFA = no interview.

CN

#24     Mar 26, 2006
  5. I`m taking the CMT level 1 in May. And I am looking to take L2 shortly after as an exemption to NASD Series 86..then take the 87. So I can write research reports in the future. I could take the 86 straight up..but why? I dont follow fundies and all my trades and analysis is price action based. Thats why i`m taking the CMT.

To say its useless is not looking at the entire picture. You get to display the crown seal of TA. And as a CMT member you can mingle with John Bollinger, Ralph Acompora, John Murphy, Prechter, Nison, Pring....etc etc. I dont think those guys think the CMT designation is useless.

For me its a choice of personal growth. Why not expand my mind and fluff up the resume a little bit. :cool:

#25     Apr 4, 2006