CME vs Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Transact Futures, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Does someone could explain what is the difference with CME and GLOBEX, on IB you have the possibility to trade the currency futures on the CME and the GLOBEX but I would like to understand what is the difference between them?

#31     Jan 5, 2004
  2. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

CME would be trading on the floor. Globex is trading electronic.

#32     Jan 5, 2004
  3. Thank you for the information, but if this is the case, why IB mentionned not to trade option on currency because not available for electronic trading (only in the pit) and offer CME for to trade on the floor?

#33     Jan 5, 2004
  4. IB offers only electronic markets, no pit contracts.

I'd say thet options are extremely illiquid on GLOBEX so basically they're not tradable unless during daytime pit trading hours.

#34     Jan 6, 2004
  5. Transact Futures

Don't trade electronic options stick to the pits. Even on Eurex and LiFFE.

#35     Jan 6, 2004
  6. cvds16

cvds16

and why would that be, you obviously dont know much about trading seeing your track record in questions ....
    all electronic options markets provide better quotes then floor traded options, wysiwyg in eletronic markets. And Eurex and Liffe dont have pits anymore. I'm starting to hate all these newbies on ET: big opinions no substance.

#36     Jan 6, 2004
  7. Transact Futures

your right I don't know much. I have never even traded options except for CME, CBOT and LIFFE options. I was going on volume and where best to get filled but obviously you know best since you make so many replys.

#37     Jan 6, 2004
  8. cvds16

cvds16

volume does not equal best fills in options, i have traded hundredthousands options electronically and several ten thousands floor traded. Once you have had electronic trading you never want to go back if possible. Liffe never used to be really big for options LTOM was a disaster at the time. Eurex has been a succes in options since years.

#38     Jan 6, 2004
  9. Getting back to the basic forex vs cme, aren't the tax advantages for trading futures contracts another factor to consider?

#39     Jan 6, 2004
  10. corvus

corvus

No difference in the US, both are 1256...

#40     Jan 6, 2004