CME "Trade Against a Pro" Trading Challenge - December 8th Sunday - 13th Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wrbtrader, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

In my experience, in live trading with CL, with a connection of any worth (broadband), your fill will happen exactly as you planned it., There is no fill cabal. Unless you are trying to get a 200+ contract fill during a very slow time?

If you are a typical retail trader of 1-10 contracts, you will get your damned fills! Oi! If you are worried about the fill if you have a lot of 6,7,10, hit the other side of the book for better fills on your limits!

#51     Dec 1, 2019
    eternaldelight likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

This shit doesn't even qualify as an alpha release. This is not testing of a product that will eventually go live. It's advertising. For their product (ES); not for a front-end. They don't want to take business away from their IBs with a trading platform. C'mon.

Nobody makes money from marketing a sim-platform.

Have you SEEN the practice account?!

#52     Dec 1, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

Eternal is implying that he's buying the bid and selling the offer with greater frequency than is actually trading. Do you honestly think that some dudes bidding one lots are price making every 20-30 seconds in CL on a Sunday night? Hmmm?

#53     Dec 1, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Last time I logged into the contest engine deal was about a year ago on one of the GC challenges. I have the sign in for this latest challenge, but have not perused it. I mean, how bad can it be?

#54     Dec 1, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Well, I tell you man...I kept my trading machine off on Friday. I was on a mental vacation, but kept an eye out on the charts on me laptop. And look WTF happened to CL from 9 AM ET to close at 1PM ET. Muthu' fucka. 5% drop. Geez louize.

If it can happen on a holiday, half-day? Why not on a Sunday night, when we get all open again for the whole week? Futures. Open 23 hours per day for 5.5 days. I hate them. Teehee!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    #55     Dec 1, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

I'm panicking.

#56     Dec 1, 2019
  7. I guess Im not sure what's up. There is actually a bid and an ask in the order box with a one tick spread and each one of those times I bought at the ask (so one tick above the bid). But then when it moves up a tick on the chart I put in a sell order and it will usually fill with me taking the profit of the tick. But the price on the chart moved up a tick. So id be buying at the ask and selling at the ask. is that legit? I wasn't buying at the bid and selling at the ask. I would have profited 2 ticks on all of those trades then. Just wanna make sure I'm learning in at least somewhat realistic conditions.

edit: I just tested it and you can't buy at the bid.

@Overnight lol I kept eyeing that drop out of the corner of my eye! Black diamond. So if you buy 1 lot of CL at 56.06 and the price doesn't move at all and you wan't to get out can you just get out at 56.06 or would you have to sell at 56.05?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    #57     Dec 1, 2019
  8. schizo

schizo

To make a tick, you'll need 1 tick for LIMIT and 3 ticks for MARKET.

#58     Dec 1, 2019
  9. schizo

schizo

Another drawback is that you can't trade more than 10 lots at a time, which means you can only trade 5 lots if you wanna flip trades. :banghead: :banghead:

#59     Dec 2, 2019
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Past Trading Challenge Results on the University Level:

https://www.cmegroup.com/education/trading_challenge/past-challenges.html

If you compare the placers at the CME Group to the past results of the Rotman International trading competition...you'll see which Universities are consistent for those interested in helping their kids (teenagers) that want to pursue a career (job) in the financial markets.

https://ritc.rotman.utoronto.ca/results.asp

Which schools with top financial departments competing regularly in these competitions...I'm surprise the CME Group doesn't come up with better trade execution platform unless the Universities (maybe individuals traders too) are using the CME Group platform embedded in a special sponsor program for these tournaments.

I once saw (last year) something unusual with the program used by a grad student at Northwestern University...he was using CQG with what looked like an addon and he was competing in the CME Group trading challenge.

Its not something I took a closer look at but it does make me wonder considering I saw some on the leader board had executed hundreds of trades on CME Group slow web base trade execution platform.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    #60     Dec 2, 2019