CME "Trade Against a Pro" Trading Challenge - December 8th Sunday - 13th Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wrbtrader, Nov 29, 2019.

1. destriero

destriero

Mostly because you peeps are afraid to do it. Set and forget... so win it. You can do it in your sleep, right?

#21     Nov 29, 2019
  2. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I did the CME contest, I think it was March '19 (?)... I came in lucky 13th. I gave up my live RTH trading for the week. I live traded during after and overnight hours to keep food on my table. We'll never know if I would have won had I traded the contest during the after the overnight hours rather instead of live.

#22     Nov 29, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I've been in a couple of these challenges in the past on the GC side, never followed thought with it. But this one is particularly painful, because FOP always intrigued me and they are offering it.

And today in CL is a perfect example of, how can I make money with it? CL has been waffling for a while. I felt that on the previous ranging over the past 6 months CL would go down from it's 58-ish level. Range has basically been 52 to 58 on average since the Spring.

But who the HELL saw that it would drop 5% today? Day after thanksgiving, the CL drops 2.5 points? WTF!

How can an option help on this? Mreh, I still have to go through that options primer for the challenge to qualify for this one. Maybe I'll learn something.

#23     Nov 29, 2019
  4. In my sleep is pretty much the only place I can do it. :D

#24     Nov 30, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  5. I'm gonna give this a shot! Registered. Seems like a great way to get into options and futures. I've only really traded stocks and crypto (mostly paper trading for the former). Tried paper trading futures a few times and got murdered. Time to hit the shed. Just started chipping away at "Futures, Options and Other Derivatives" last night. So are they going to show Bob Iaccino's trading results for the 5 day period? This is my first time hearing about him, but he seems like the real deal. @destriero vs this Bob Iaccino guy is some real pay-per-view shit :). No one seems to have mentioned it! I'm fucking hyped. One might say... delighted.

#25     Nov 30, 2019
  6. I tried to use their simulator and wanted to kill myself, so I'm probably not going to participate.

#26     Nov 30, 2019
    wrbtrader and comagnum like this.
  7. comagnum

comagnum

I suppose some could do both - for me it just comes down my own personal trading rules, routines, & rituals.

#27     Nov 30, 2019
  8. speedo

speedo

Haven't tried it yet. I'll do it if I can do both actual and contest.....will know by tomorrow.

#28     Nov 30, 2019
  9. looked into him a bit more... my imaginary money is on dest...

#29     Nov 30, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  10. destriero

destriero

hehe.

My guess is that the majority are going to babysit the ES or NQ. Sitting on the bid(ask) until it's marketable and then sitting on the ask(bid) to close with 6-7 lots. I won't be taking advantage of the microstructure/sim-condition.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    #30     Nov 30, 2019
    eternaldelight likes this.