CME threatens to fine me $2000

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Daal, Nov 26, 2008.

1. that wipe out a wholes year's profit would it? :confused:

#31     Nov 28, 2008
  2. Lucky

Lucky

I have noticed slowdowns before, but exactly what is going on at the exchange would be speculation on my part. When I have inquired, it usually turns out to be unspecified technical difficulties at the broker.

flame wars aren't really my thing

I'd really like to know why you think you know exactly what is happening in the exchange's computer system.

If the databases can't keep up, maybe the exchanges should stop to ponder what their primary function is and invest a little into their infrastructure. Considering that they can handle their seat member's order flow, or their official market makers' flow, they seem to be aware of what it takes.

Yes, of course, that's the explanation.
    And you know the "physical limits of all hardware in the exchange" due to your elite computer skills, I'm sure.

I don't think it's a lot because it isn't.

the problem is currently 10 updates per order. let's take this one step at a time.

Please share your "indepth" knowledge.

I've never considered providing liquidity and making a market to be "piggybacking for free" on other traders.

Well we definitely seem to have "forgtotten" how to spell. Maria, obviously English ain't your first language, but for Christ's sakes, EliteTrader underlines misspelled words for you in red as you type.

#32     Dec 1, 2008