CME pit volume sharp DROP

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by saschabr, Mar 27, 2002.

1. stevet, of course i see your point.
    i think the CSCO's and INTC's will do the job then.
    i assume you are not a pit local, right?
    so, if the pit guys generate movement THEY profit from,
    YOU will lose from it. i will like to have have less movement,
    if this movement would be 75% against me.

#21     Mar 28, 2002
  2. We don't differ, I agree that a large percentage making the move don't make it. I would say that scalpers have the hardest time, spreaders find it easier.

The worst wash out rate among my personal acquaintances is traders changing markets, they hardly ever make it.

The easiest transaction is spreaders because they still have the edge in transaction costs.

#22     Mar 28, 2002
  3. I agree, we couldn't trade without our edge in costs and technology.

#23     Mar 28, 2002
  4. I disagree, that small edge which is a lot bigger than you stated, allows a trader to scratch, without even considering the transaction costs. It doesn't seem like much @ 1 contract, but @ 1,000 to 5,000 a day that difference is your profit. Our systems would lose money if they were traded @ retail rates. That is the edge.

#24     Mar 28, 2002
  5. Metooxx: I see what you want to point out.
    However, what i originally wanted to know:
    What is happening just these days (to the June contrct.)
    that volume declines so strongly ?
    Do U have any info on this (e.g. a big player moved out or sthg ) ?

#25     Mar 28, 2002
  6. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

i thought someone did answer this....passover and good friday have got to be a big part of the decline in volume this week.

#26     Mar 28, 2002
  7. sabena

sabena

One guy from theS&P pit told me that the averagespread is .5 point. That's the double of
    the E-mini. Those Pit traders are CROOKS..
    One day everything will be electronic with
    a .25 spread for all. That's what I call a
    fair market.

#27     Mar 28, 2002
  8. Bryan: I really appreciate your comment, but this is simply not a point here. The decline i refer to is as if the total Nasdaq Volume of yesterday was suddenly 400.000.000 shares (in fact, it was about 1.2 bill, with a range of 1.1 - 2 bill.).

#28     Mar 28, 2002
  9. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

so what is the percentage drop you are referring to and exactly how many days has it been off. was it OK monday but then tuesday was off or what???? i would like to know the answer for the decline also.

#29     Mar 28, 2002
  10. I have no idea, our volume is down by 35%. We have been scratching for a week.

#30     Mar 28, 2002