CME on IB down.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by manonfire, Jul 11, 2018.

1. manonfire

manonfire

F that, back up. Long 18 cars of cl at 70.45. Just gave up a lot of open equity, covered at .81-.84 when trading just came back up.

#11     Jul 11, 2018
  2. manonfire

manonfire

Haven't had that happen since I traded the ym on the ecbot pre-merger. That being said I am sure some of the squeeze higher in cl was whoever could trade knew they had some suckers stuck short. Just happy they were buying to cover while I had to sell, the pop at 3:38 est occurred just as I received the bulletin.

#12     Jul 11, 2018
  3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I remember that!! eCBOT totally down and dark for over 4 hours. All orders including sitting GTC's were cancelled too. Kids today have no clue how today's tech can hurt them.

#13     Jul 11, 2018
  4. cafeole

cafeole

I was trading the ES in March 2001(?) when the computers went down for hours. I was in a trade and a newbie so I didn't know how to hedge. I was down over $1000 before it came back on. Be prepared with a backup plan if you are trading index futures.

#14     Jul 11, 2018
  5. #15     Jul 12, 2018
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Best practice is to keep position sizing to a level that won't hurt you when this kind of thing happens.---Really quite simple.

#16     Jul 12, 2018
  7. ajacobson

ajacobson

Question: CME has gateway issues impacting SOME but not all firms. Should they have shut the exchange for all?

No - why end price discovery for all.

#17     Jul 12, 2018
  8. manonfire

manonfire

I had a hedge prepared if it moved a couple bucks against me. Would not have been my worst trade and would still live to trade tomorrow.

#18     Jul 12, 2018
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  9. southall

southall

They charge separate pro data fees for each exchange, ECBOT,GLOBEX,NYMEX
    But they all go down together. Nice little scam run by the CME.

#19     Jul 13, 2018
    d08 likes this.