CME microsecond data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by lukepoga, Jun 9, 2018.

1. lukepoga

lukepoga

where can I buy one year of cme microsecond data? Really really hard to find.

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Nowhere apart from cme itself. Garbage in garbage out.

3. lukepoga

lukepoga

Why can’t anyone do it? All mdp3 is time stamped so every distributor should have it.

4. Handle123

Handle123

Many data providers unwilling to do redundancy of data cause of bandwidth, too much data slows down transmission during real time, I have had like CQG and when volume is heavy, the data slows down, you can't pack an elephant into a Volkswagon. I have had most of the data providers since satellite days, almost all give just enough, some will say they are "compliant" and what is "compliant", does it mean every single tick? You want best data, go to the source, you pay more but get the best as they are the one transmitting it.

beginner66 likes this.
  5. comagnum

comagnum

CME microsecond data? You have to be kidding, the thieves at the CME have the audit trail on lock down.

Hunsader also had opportunity at one point to access the audit trail data from the CME futures exchange, data that the central authorities almost never allow outside eyes to see. What he found was clear evidence that a very small number of very large players push prices and volume around at will to vacuum up profits at the expense of everyone else:

I got to see the Fed analysis. This is a fascinating little story. It was the Treasury flash crash October 15th, 2014 which was every bit as bad as the stock market flash crash except it was in Treasurys. The Federal Reserve wanted to get to the bottom of it. They got people together to analyze data and they had to break them into two teams – one team got to look at the cash market trading data and the other team got to look at the audit trail data from the CME which told who was buying this order. One team wasn’t allowed to see the other data set.

If you want to analyze the situation properly you have to look at both sides in order to see what's going on here. You've got to see how the cash and the futures relate. But the teams were specifically not allowed do to this. People on the team that looked at the Treasury data were not allowed to see the cash market data and vice versa. This is data that is extremely hard to get because it is audit trail level. It shows who's behind each trade or order. I got to see some of the stats from the cash side. It is just amazing the percentage of the watched trading going on. Putting in fake orders and the level of spoofing, the level of just bad acting happening.

And, once again, it was the top 10 institutions who pulled away the lion’s share of the profits. They totally dominate the market.

I've been apoplectic for so long I am just spent. Nothing would surprise me anymore. I really
    honestly don’t know how this is going to get corrected. I know it can’t continue.

https://www.peakprosperity.com/podc...financial-system-absolutely-positively-rigged

The stock market is just as bad:

HFT_SIP.JPG

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  6. lukepoga

lukepoga

Futures are centralised not like the dodgy de-centralised stock market

7. qlai

qlai

8. sle

sle

The dude has no idea what he's talking about if he's talking about the "cash market". Cash market in what, CTD? on the run? LOL.

9. lukepoga

lukepoga

Nanotick have been out of action for a few months. They are unable to help at the moment. (I’ve been trying!)

Though they are pretty cool.

Anyway CME is around $2200 per year per symbol for BBO. Not the end of the world.

10. qlai

qlai

Help me understand something ... If you need microsecond resolution, I must assume you are trading/researching in a very short time frame. If so, isn't it less expensive to just subscibe to real time data and capture it yourself?

#10     Jun 10, 2018