CME & IB keep raising Fees

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BlueStreek, Jul 3, 2013.

1. ok IB sucks.What's your alternative?

#31     Jul 3, 2013
  2. koolaid

koolaid

I also use IB and don't see any other cheaper alternative. Please provide the numbers as to how IB is double dipping or tripple dipping fees...or provide another cheaper broker.

#32     Jul 3, 2013
  3. joederp

joederp

I recently fell and hit my head in the bathroom, and awoke from unconsciousness with two major epiphanies:

1) How to build a Flux Capacitor
    2) if BlueStreek has a problem with IB, Bluestreek, you should quit your bitching and leave them. Quit being a reactive passive-aggressive douche and leave.

#33     Jul 3, 2013
  4. gmst

gmst

Whether IB sucks or not, it is always a good idea for a career trader to diversify among at least 2 brokers.

However, I don't know of anyone who can match IB's breadth of product offerings and commissions.

1) If you trade only US listed Futures, I think Advantage futures is better than IB.
    2) If you trade US futures and US stocks, well I don't know anyone other than IB. Maybe if you have 500k+ account or maybe 2MM+ account (I don't know the minimum threshold exactly, newedge could be an option. However, I don't know how much newedge' comms are)
    3) If you trade international portfolio of stocks, who is there other than IB at the retail level?

#34     Jul 3, 2013
  5. dom993

dom993

I actually think IB commissions are too low.

Seriously.

They can't afford to hire competent development & testing teams, and we get more bugs than (useless) new features time & time again.

#35     Jul 3, 2013
  6. It is not about how much money they spend, their budget is far more than let`s say NT through the history of the platform (probably by a factor of 100) it is poor upper management of the programs (given all the negative feedback) the leader of this department should have been fired until they got it right!

I bet they have probably had 3 or 4 heads of Platform Development over the last 5 years: Steal people from Fidelity Active Trader Pro a much more superior product.

#36     Jul 3, 2013
  7. koolaid

koolaid

what's the problem? If you don't like them...don't use them.

#37     Jul 3, 2013
  8. gkishot

gkishot

Yes, I heard of them, and I think they are crooks. By any other broker I mean reputable public companies, not any obscure broker out there.

#38     Jul 3, 2013
  9. zdreg

zdreg

this is another nonsensical remark. you have absolutely no proof. ET is a forum for complainers because IB responds in a public forum..
    order entry bugs are taken care of very quickly by IB.

#39     Jul 3, 2013
  10. lol Bluestreek is a total flake.:)

#40     Jul 3, 2013