CME & IB keep raising Fees

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BlueStreek, Jul 3, 2013.

1. gkishot

gkishot

ThinkOrSwim, but it's not for daytraders.

#21     Jul 3, 2013
  2. I can't believe that you have never heard of TradeStation.

TradeStation charges for every data feed, even the ones IB gives for free.

And what about all the futures brokers with platform fees (Advantage, Crossland and the like)? The data charge is built into the platform fee.

#22     Jul 3, 2013
  3. I do not have a TradeStation account, but I thought that if you had a certain capital amount , and traded a certain minimum that they waived platform fees, and didn`t charge for bundled data packages.

Their commissions were slightly higher, and they charged for wires.

I am sure regular users can comment.

#23     Jul 3, 2013
  4. zdreg

zdreg

you post but you never produce any numbers.
    you are wasting everybody's time by whining and showing nothing.
    then you makes guesses what other brokers are charging.
    again without numbers.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=marketData&p=mdata

#24     Jul 3, 2013
  5. I hope IB is paying you well, :)

#25     Jul 3, 2013
  6. lassic

lassic

Death by thousand cuts

#26     Jul 3, 2013
  7. zdreg

zdreg

these data feed fees are piddling if you trade but you refuse to show any numbers.
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...ketData&p=mdata
    most of them are made up in 1 trade or a couple of trades at most.
    ET is full of people like you who if they can"t win on the facts attack the person or the integrity of the person.

yes likely you are making a joke about me being paid, but the timing is off since you have not presented statistics to support your position.

produce real numbers.

#27     Jul 3, 2013
  8. Ok you win IB is very competitive in Brokerage fees - keep using them for your main broker - you can save $30,000 dollars in commissions every year if you do your research.

They are so uncompetitive, that they literally steal from clients accounts - nobody utilizes them for anything but an international backup brokerage.

It is not about this VIX change of $1.50 or whatever it is, I have had IB as a backup brokerage for over 5 years and the incremental-ism of how they keep raising fees here and there while providing such a crappy, buggy platform that no actual trader can utilize their charts or historical data to rely on, or their stops malfunction in book-trader when they make updates to versions of the platform.

It is the philosophy of how they run their business: If they strove for perfecting their platform the fees wouldn`t be an issue. But they are just mediocre in everything they do from a platform standpoint. They would be better off not offering any charts, booktrader nada and save clients the money of paying for this crap, because they have to utilize third party services anyway.

IB is literally the bottom of the serious brokerage landscape, and they know it, why do you think they are raising these fees - all the volume traders are giving their business to other firms.

#28     Jul 3, 2013
  9. zdreg

zdreg

again no numbers and no proof of your statements above.

#29     Jul 3, 2013
  10. I bet you would really like a 2-hour brokerage comparison across the entire landscape - that does bring me some joy in having you think IB is a great brokerage - in fact, you are the very Muppet IB loves as clients.

IB is the greatest brokerage out there:)

#30     Jul 3, 2013