CME Group to close Chicago trading floor as a precaution due to coronavirus

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by trader99, Mar 11, 2020.

1. trader99

trader99

But all the electronic exchanges are still trading. Globex , NYMEX, etc. are still trading.

==============================================
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/cme...g-floor-as-a-precaution-over-coronavirus.html

CME Group announced Wednesday night it will close its Chicago trading floor in a precautionary move due to the coronavirus outbreak.

The closing will take effect Friday “at the close of business,” CME said in a statement.

This would make CME the first major U.S. exchange to close a trading floor due to concerns over the coronavirus.
    ==============================================

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

...and nobody noticed the change.

3. S2007S

S2007S

No parades, no sporting events, no conferences, no cme trading floor....what's next?

Some schools are closed and people can still take flights, book cruises, get on a subway and visit nyc and busy Chicago so I guess it's not as much as a pandemic as they are maki6it out to be....

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Just wait for the Corona Virus to hit the prison system.

Keep them in their prison cells, everyone gets room service or let them all out and tell them to wash their hands / don't touch your face.

He too thinks it was an over reaction @ https://sports.yahoo.com/jazz-thund...make-a-point-about-coronavirus-201553536.html

Will just need to wait to see how he's feeling in the next 14 days. :(

Just give him a blood test early instead of waiting for the mandatory regular blood tests that all NBA players must take.

NBA Drug Test Policy:

All players are subject to four (4) random tests each season (from October 1 to June 30). All players are also subject to two (2) random tests each off-season (from July 1 to September 30). All such tests are scheduled and conducted by an independent, third-party entity and are without prior notice to the player.

Why wait...blood test all professional athletes and Olympic athletes now before the Japan Olympic summer games that's schedule to start July 24th Friday 2020. Why stop there...do the same for all college athletes too.

Better safe than sorry.

President Trump probably not worry about just the Mexico / USA border wall any more. I wonder how much will it cost the U.S.A. when he close all air travel from arriving from other countries for a few months.

Will it cripple the economy and send the markets down that predicted 15 - 30% drop by the U.S. elections ?

Lets get paranoid and over-react together. I'll be monitoring this closely because I'm schedule to fly to France this summer and spend my entire summer there before coming back to Québec, Canada. Then again, the last time I did that about 4 years ago...I caught the pneumonia, septic shock and was in a coma for almost 2 months on life support.

So yeah, I'm a little paranoid.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  5. Let him who has eyes see.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It's about time President Trump took this seriously...

Trump suspends travel from Europe to US @ https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-statement/index.html

Now Canada needs to do the exact same to prevent the sneaky ones from flying in to Canada from Europe just so that they can then drive across the Canada/USA border back into the United States.

The Canada/USA border will be very busy this summer if the Corona Virus continues to escalate.

wrbtrader

7. trader99

trader99

NQ down -4%. When does the halt trigger kicks in?

8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

-7 % is the first halt.

It almost hit that late in the regular trading session but then it counter-thrust back.

wrbtrader

9. FSU

FSU

Overnight session hard limit is 5%

10. Overnight

Overnight

It hit 3 times at the 5% down at 7601.5 about 20 mins ago. Looks like it will be hit again shortly.

#10     Mar 11, 2020
    trader99 likes this.