CME (FX) Futures Options

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Jeanne, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Jeanne

Jeanne

Helllllllllp!! I've spent countless days looking for the ideal setup to trade CME (FX) Futures Options - for the most part my search has only made me overwhelmed by the possibilities and complexities. I've looked through all of the threads and still lack a definitive conclusion. Furthermore many of the analytical tools out there don't cover futures options or do a poor job of it. Hmmmmph! Any ideas will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeanne

PS very sorry if you've read this twice, I initially posted in the wrong forum.

2. Jeanne

Jeanne

I should mention that I'm a low frequency intraday trader but I'll add in the occasional scalp to keep things hopping. Thx. Jeanne :)

-----------snip----------------------------

Helllllllllp!! I've spent countless days looking for the ideal setup to trade CME (FX) Futures Options - for the most part my search has only made me overwhelmed by the possibilities and complexities. I've looked through all of the threads and still lack a definitive conclusion. Furthermore many of the analytical tools out there don't cover futures options or do a poor job of it. Hmmmmph! Any ideas will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeanne

PS very sorry if you've read this twice, I initially posted in the wrong forum (Direct Access - Retail). :)

3. You'll find that quite often the otm strikes are not being quoted due to lack of participation. A knowledge of synthetics and p/c parity is a prereq to trading a low-volume product. Often, you'll find yourself the lone bid or offer.

4. You might see a good pop in FX futures trading (which will possible help drive options volume) when Eurex launches their FX futures next Friday, Sep 23.

http://www.eurexus.com/products/fx.html

Volume growth has happened in other products where futures exchanges have competed And exchange fees have dropped as an additional benefit of competition.

It is probably a good idea to check out Eurex FX products when they launch.