CME ES/NQ slow price-action and order executions.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by daytraderpc, May 19, 2003.

1. Hello,

I have been trading the ES/NQ Mini contracts for about 1 yr.

I am currently using J-Trader for executions and have used Realtick prevously.

I have noticed that price-action between the BID & ASK has been very slow lately, most of 2003

I know market volume has been average to slightly below but the ES Minis have been about average 500,000-600,000/cars/day.

It seems to me that it is harder these days to play the spread between the bid/ask. It seems to take longer to get executions playing the spread. very slow and choppy on all trading platforms.

Does anybody no if the CME has changed their software lately for there pricematching and order execution? Or is there any other reasons for these problems.

Thanks....PC

2. Stop loss order change to Stop Limit Only....recently...this is all the change that I saw that changed the way I trade.

Michael B.

3. excuse me but trying to post the MYTH the spread was ever tradable is one of the reasons why 90 % of traders "blow out" before they learn how to trade the markets.jjust an opinion from years of info posted on boards without verifiable reasoning and proof.