CME e-micro futures

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ssbc19, Feb 18, 2009.

1. rickf

rickf

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any specific mention of margin requirements for them.

Not that I would be trading these - I trade the regular FX futures just fine. Guess this is the CME's way to capitalize on the retail forex craze?

#11     Feb 18, 2009
  2. ssbc19

ssbc19

I agree. You would have to pay the spread and comissions.

Overall I think these would be more interesting is they could get some options volume.

#12     Feb 19, 2009
  3. The exchange fee's will also be 1/10th the size of the full contract

#13     Feb 19, 2009
  4. Yeah, the info does say that the margin and exchange fees will be around 1/10 of the full future - but the broker's fees will be the same. So the total commissions will be around five times as expensive compared to a full future contract.

#14     Feb 19, 2009
  5. I see lots of forex experts here, I need help
    I am new to forex , but trading gold, oil futures and options for long time.

I am planning currency futures ( CME) along with currency options . which options have good volume and better prices PHIL or CME options

thanks for your input

#15     Feb 20, 2009
  6. this is interesting...

that guy was saying 160 billion liquidity...

would it be this contract or they are refering to something else? :confused:

when is Q1?

#16     Feb 20, 2009
  7. A ES micro would be nice, as long as you make it fungible with the mine and the big contracts... (similar to what they have on the DD, DJ, YM contracts)

#17     Feb 24, 2009
  8. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

The scheduled launch is Sunday March 22nd (trade date 23rd).

#18     Mar 19, 2009
  9. Dale -

What are you guys planning on charging for all-in commissions on this product (for Ninja Trader users)?

You can PM me if you don't want to share publicly.

#19     Mar 19, 2009
  10. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

Hello filter_sweep,

That's a great question...I'm actually getting all of the information together now.

This isn't concrete yet but using Ninja (all in) RT commissions should be around $2.10. The second I have the schedule I'll get back to you.

Best regards,

Dale

#20     Mar 19, 2009