CME e-micro futures

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ssbc19, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Still not much volume, but it appears the spreads have gotten a bit better. Micro EuroFX is now more like 1 to 2 ticks (used to be 3 to 4). The others are still worse.

I think CME should start to quote the whole FX-complex in half-ticks. Would make them more competitive with spot.

#101     Aug 31, 2010
  2. Surdo

Surdo

BAD idea, it is perfect the way it is!

#102     Aug 31, 2010
  3. Whats wrong with (potentially) smaller spreads? Especially when the underlying spot mkt quotes in tenth pips. Even EBS makes a move to half pip now.

I can see liquidity providing strategies suffer a bit, but price takers should be better off.

#103     Aug 31, 2010
  4. So will the volume in these explode if spot FX goes to 10-1?

#104     Aug 31, 2010
  5. Spot will got to 50:1, as per the news today, so probably no.

#105     Aug 31, 2010
  6. Surdo

Surdo

1/10 PIPS are like fly shit bro.

#106     Aug 31, 2010
  7. Thanks for the heads up!

#107     Aug 31, 2010
  8. blanca

blanca

Trading Forex through CME globex I think has given the forex traders a great chance to get out of the bucket shops and boiler rooms, finally you can see a real price for your currency that will not change or a huge spread during news or someone hunting your stoploss,

When I changed to it also started trading mini dow which I found very good for my trading style and the session in NY lets me get a good sleep, also found that "real forex" through cme globex is not as huge as those market makers wants you to think it is a 3 billion participants, etc. it is not like that, their liquidity is normal just like any other market.

#108     Jul 29, 2013
  9. nitro

nitro

Since this post, spot forex rules the friggin markets. 50:1. Only three "if only" left:

1) The spread on most symbols (retail)
    2) The volume on most symbols (retail)
    3) Direct Access without needing have a huge amount of money.

As ECNs catch up to the big banks, 1 & 2 will become more and more of a reality. 3 is the only advantage currency futures have over spot, imo.

#109     Jul 29, 2013
  10. REDP1800

REDP1800

Todays date is december 21, 2018
    The CME is talking about "whispering" about a micro emini contract early next year!

#110     Dec 21, 2018