CME currency market makers

Discussion in 'Forex' started by NickBarings, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Pabst,

Thanks for that information. Is there anywhere on the CME's site (or do you know the #?) where I could find out the # of market makers for each market? Specifically I'm interested in EUR GBP CHF.

#11     Jun 6, 2005
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

i think some funds trade mm type algorithms (ie trading the spread), but arent designated mm's - so beware.

#12     Jun 6, 2005
  3. AaronCapps

AaronCapps Global Futures

Actually, if a Market Maker in currencies is using a Globex Terminal they can see your stops. unless you are using a platform like Strategy Runner or NinjaTrader that uses synthetic stops that are held on your computer or a seperate server.

#13     Jun 6, 2005
  4. Pabst says "NO"

and

Aaron says "YES"

so which one is it ?:eek:

#14     Jun 7, 2005
  5. No!

#15     Jun 7, 2005
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

if you could see stops on globex terminals, no one would use xtrader!!

i could be wrong, but i dont think globex terminals shows stops.

on a side note, i think clearing members are allowed to see stops on european exchanges, but not in the us - so not for currency futures - not 100% on this - just something i heard.

#16     Jun 7, 2005
  7. Globex isn't some magical program that gives traders a huge advantage over others, it is just a shitty front-end. MM have the same info everyone else does, its a level playing field.

#17     Jun 7, 2005
  8. I am 99% sure that the MM can't see your stops unless they get data data from you broker. IB has came on here before and said that Timber Hill has no access to IB order information but that doesn't mean that other brokers don't data mine there retail brokerage to help there MM.

However, just because they can't "see" your stop doesn't mean they don't have a pretty good idea where they are. I would imagine that most small ES traders put in stops at 1200,1199 etc. Good market makers know where stops are likely to be.

#18     Jun 8, 2005
  9. Well, i think they see the market depht, and your stops are a part of the market depht.

Would be nice to see a screenprint of a globexterminal with the Eurofuture.
    Good trading

#19     Jun 8, 2005
  10. Market depth show all the limit orders, including the ones outside the best bid/ask. Market depth does not show stop orders.

#20     Jun 8, 2005