CME co-Location Services

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by CPTrader, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Savvis systems is preparing a quote for a co-located server this week for me. The cme group cabinets do not have a connection to my broker anyway, and it's not like I'm a trading group, so the latency would be another hassel to make compatible with e-signal multicharts, and that's not feasible.

Also, looking to host websites in addition to trading on it. BATS uses Savvis by the way, in New Jersey.

#11     Apr 23, 2012
  2. I moved over from cicero in feb. I still havent set foot in the place but from what I hear it is amazing. Been meaning to get over there and take a tour of it. The rack prices are insane considering it's probably only 25% full at this point (disclaimer, that is complete speculation)

#12     Apr 25, 2012
  3. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

Rithmic and EOTPRO Offer Virtual Private Servers at the CME Data Center In Aurora

As many of you may know, Rithmic and EOTPRO have been working together to offer affordable virtual private servers from the CME’s Aurora data center. In July we completed our trial offering successfully, and promptly licensed all available virtual private servers. Additional virtual private servers will become available in the very near future for $299 per month each. If you trade on the CME, NYMEX, CBOT or COMEX, or on any of the other exchanges accessible via Globex, our virtual private servers offer direct access to Rithmic’s R | Trade Execution™ Platform and latency to these exchanges that can only be surpassed by spending 10’s of thousands of dollars per month. To sign up for one of the virtual private servers or for more information please send e-mail to Candice White at candice@eotpro.com or call her at (312) 985-7773.

#13     Aug 9, 2012
  4. Expensive. Just another way for cme to grub money. first it was emini, then seat price, now a monopoly on coloc closest to the exchange.

Who do they think they are? It's not like they're the only exchange in the world.

#14     Aug 9, 2012
  5. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

Rithmic and EOTPRO Virtual Private Servers at the CME Data Center in Aurora are Selling Out Fast

Our first server sold out at the end of our trial this past July. Our second server, which should go online this week, is nearly sold out! Your response has been tremendous, we appreciate your support. Please contact Candice White at candice@eotpro.com or call her at (312) 985-7773 to lock in one of our remaining virtual private servers.

#15     Aug 20, 2012
  6. Won't you keep adding servers until the demand starts to taper off?

So, really, if this is a profitable business for you, there is no point in limiting the number of VPS's you sell.

#16     Aug 20, 2012
  7. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

Correct. However, there is a lead time between server deployments so if you get placed out of server 2, it may be several weeks before server 3 comes online.

#17     Aug 20, 2012
  8. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

The response for virtual private servers on Server 2 has been great and we thank you for your support. As of today Server 2 has only 3 virtual private servers left and it will be several weeks before Server 3 comes on line. Your feedback indicated that more memory is desired so we will soon be doubling the RAM at no extra charge. Each vps should be able to use more than 3GB RAM on average.

#18     Aug 28, 2012
  9. What are the specs of the server and how many users are on each one?

#19     Aug 28, 2012
  10. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

Dual quad core, 3.16GHz, 32GB RAM, no more than 10 VPS per machine.

#20     Aug 28, 2012